Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I recently bought a new to me 2005 Acura TSX w/ 6MT. I owned various Accords (6-6 ones) and noticed a lot of similarities. I am planning on doing some budget, OEM+ upgrades to the car, including throttle body, TL RSB.

I am doing a Throttle Body Upgrade from stock (60MM) to the 04-08 Acura TL Throttle Body (64MM). According to HeelToe Auto, the J series TB should be a direct fit onto the TSX.

I bought the TL throttle body and I have ran into problems:

1. The stock 2005 TSX Intake Manifold is RAA version. This intake manifold, at the throttle body end, has a little square cutout (see links). The stock TL intake manifold doesn't. This mean that the Acura TL throttle body wouldn't perfectly mate with the TSX RAA Intake manifold. Do I need to buy an adapter? Can I go ahead and install without an adapter? Should I look for a Throttle Body + Manifold combo?

1. The Acura TL throttle body has an extra electrical sensor on it, which I assume is the MAP sensor? The stock TSX throttle body has a tube fitting in that location, which I assume is the IACV? I found on a Civic Si forums that some guy removed the sensor and put a tube fitting there instead. My question for you guys is, what should I do with this, in order for me to work with the stock setup.

(I will add links in following posts)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey I recently bought a new to me 2005 Acura TSX w/ 6MT. I owned various Accords (6-6 ones) and noticed a lot of similarities. I am planning on doing some budget, OEM+ upgrades to the car, including throttle body, TL RSB.

I am doing a Throttle Body Upgrade from stock (60MM) to the 04-08 Acura TL Throttle Body (64MM). According to HeelToe Auto, the J series TB should be a direct fit onto the TSX.

I bought the TL throttle body and I have ran into problems:

1. The stock 2005 TSX Intake Manifold is RAA version. This intake manifold, at the throttle body end, has a little square cutout (see links). The stock TL intake manifold doesn't. This mean that the Acura TL throttle body wouldn't perfectly mate with the TSX RAA Intake manifold. Do I need to buy an adapter? Can I go ahead and install without an adapter? Should I look for a Throttle Body + Manifold combo?

1. The Acura TL throttle body has an extra electrical sensor on it, which I assume is the MAP sensor? The stock TSX throttle body has a tube fitting in that location, which I assume is the IACV? I found on a Civic Si forums that some guy removed the sensor and put a tube fitting there instead. My question for you guys is, what should I do with this, in order for me to work with the stock setup.

(I will add links in following posts)
TSX RAA Manifold: 17115-RAA-A01 - Genuine Acura Gasket, In. Manifold

Acura TL Manifold: 2004 Acura TL 4 Door SPORT KA 6MT Intake Manifold

TSX Stock 60 MM Throttle Body: 16400-RBB-J02 - Genuine Acura Throttle Body, Electronic Control

Acura TL Throttle Body: 2005 Acura TL 4 Door BASE KA 5AT Throttle Body

·
Registered
345 Posts
The 06-08 TSX manifold slightly differs from the 04-05, mostly in the area the throttle body attached. The throttle body for the facelift I believe is also 64mm... Or maybe a little less. It's definitely more than the 04-05.

I have an 06+ IM and TB in my 04. Also did some diy port matching and honing. It made a noticable difference. I'll see if I can dig up pics comparing the two IMs and TBs.

If using OEM intake piping, the pipe from the airbox to the TB for 06-08 is also larger.

Also, the slower K24 folks want your old IM. The 04-05 mani is a direct fit for some early k series accords. They get some extra midrange out of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the detailed reply! I am currently on the hunt for a 06+ TSX TB + IM but due to COVID 19, the search is slowed down. I hope someone in the future will this post useful and not make the same mistake I did.

I lowered the car on Yonaka coilovers and now I have a rear toe problem, in another post.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My pleasure. The 06+ intake system is a very worthwhile mod for the 04-05, especially with a good cold air setup drawing from inside the front fender. My IAT's are usually only 7-12°F above ambient. Before I started working in the intake system I would typically see 30-40°F above ambient.
Good luck with your search!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts