Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a metal trim TSX with Navi and i was just curious if the metal trim on the Navi is attached or if its a bolt on piece? looking to skinning some stuff in Carbon Fiber so i was wonder if it come off? Been looking at some Navi pics on ebay but i cant really tell.... any one know?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I believe it's not removable, at least it isn't on the non-navi trim. All the other trim pieces can be removed though. If you're wrapping the center hvac trim, your best bet is to remove the sides trims, wrap the center hvac trim, and then use a knife to cut the vinyl on the top and bottom. And then around the hvac display. Took me 2 tries, and it turned out okay lol.

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
It is not detachable. I thought it was and ended up disassembling most of the cd changer then realized it doesn't come off. You'll have to just apply the wrap to the current unit. Not that hard though. Just be patient and use an exacto knife or razor blade. Also, helps if you have a source of heat when applying the wrap.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well im just going to leave the metal stuff alone now and let it be a accent. Im actually thinking of Skinning it with the real deal stuff.

Like this persons work on a TL-S steering wheel and cluster, different car but the same idea...

More pics of the wheel on this page

I want to get another used or new
#10 77285-SEC-A21ZA - POCKET, CENTER *NH651L*
#25 77715-SEC-A21ZA - HOLDER, UTILITY POCKET *NH651L*

and a used one of the center consoles

and do this process to them...

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rTWaV1imzs&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6rTWaV1imzs&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Not sure what i will do with the bottom of the Navi.(the black part at the bottom) I might just make a CF cover(like a regular dash kit piece) that very thin with 3M on it to cover that part up. HMMMM ponder ponder... I have a good friend that is very good at making models for rings and such. He knows about making quick prototypes of a shape from this red red clay he has thats hard. Will have to talk to him about it. All i need is the shape in a hard form and i can make a model to lay the CF in to... HMMM its an idea.

Let me know what you guys think sorry it was such a long post but couldn't get all my thoughts in any other way.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is not detachable. I thought it was and ended up disassembling most of the cd changer then realized it doesn't come off. You'll have to just apply the wrap to the current unit. Not that hard though. Just be patient and use an exacto knife or razor blade. Also, helps if you have a source of heat when applying the wrap.

BTW that stuff doesn't look that bad ^_^. I just want the real feel thats all. I'm not hating on it just to let everyone know

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
BTW that stuff doesn't look that bad ^_^. I just want the real feel thats all. I'm not hating on it just to let everyone know
Thanks man. And it is fine for you to want the real thing. No one is going to take offense. We all love our cars and just some people do things that other people don't want to. In the end it's YOUR car and don't forget it. IF you do the carbon fiber process, post up some pictures. I'm curious to see the real deal on that large of an area in our cars. I chose to go with the vinyl mainly because I didn't think that large of an area would look good with that shiny type carbon fiber. Plus the roll was cheap and it didn't take too long to lay down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts