Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this before but it just came to me when I had certain questions about my car as its getting higher and higher to 200k.

What I mean is. there should be sections where people can post questions or post threads about what they have done to there car to prolong the life of there car at a certain mileage or maybe even post up problems people have ran into at a certain mileage. For example.

a section for 100k / 150k/ 200k.

Just a suggestion so its more easy for people to find what they need.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's a great idea

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd love to see this thread get more activity, nearly a decade after.
Just did a compression test on the new-to-me k24a2 after 150,000miles.

K24A2 all stock from 06-08 TSX
tuned with kpro for the past 7 years, 120k miles in the previous owner's possession (swapped in with 30k miles, so 150k miles on the motor)
redline at 7600rpm
OCI every 5k, 5w30 conventional (previous owner mostly highway commuted), FRAM filters
Reported to burn 1/2 quart between OCI's
Type R headers/cat to EP3 stock cat back
RSX type S intake
410 RDX injectors
ktuned, dynoed at 220/170 @5200rpm
Most consumable parts (waterpump, alternator, starter, head gasket, timing chain tensioner) have been replaced in the past 2 years

Just compression tested this weekend, 160psi all 4 cylinders (killed the original k20a3 starter that was 220k miles old)
Not too concerned with the absolute numbers vs consistency due to discrepancy in equipment/methods

All healthy, looking to switch to 5w30 synthetic keeping the same 5,000mile OCI.
Probably also switching to a Purolator Pure One oil filter for more filtration capacity.

·
Registered
16 Posts
172,000 on an '06 5-speed A/T with NAV...mileage started getting worse at 150k...I've changed plugs, had valves adjusted and only burn premium gas (93 octane).

Mileage now only about 20 combined.

Car performs well. Idle is sometimes as high as 900 rpms...sometimes as low as 600. What's up with that?

Is it my EGR valve stuck open? Oxygen sensors bad? Evil spirits?

Any suggestions welcome...planning on making this my son's first ride. Car seems to run fine...no knocking or stalling. Highway mileage is about 30; but I used to get 42 at 65 mph when I first bought the car in '09 with less than 30k on the clock.

Any ideas or comments welcome...car's in great overall shape and is a keeper.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a very good, idea. I think there are some rules like: Change the oil about every 6000 miles. Keep the tire pressure accurate and have them rotated. Replace the air filter and the windshield wiper blades as needed; Use a high-mileage oil; Keep the outside clean; Do regular interior cleaning. I think this is pretty much all. To be honest I have seen many pretty and well-kept cars on the market, which also changed their mileage (to sell the car with a better price). Of course, I think it's a fraud and you should always pay attention to the vin and check it with Vingurus, but this fact shows it's actually possible to take care of the car so it remains "young" for longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts