Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Carm
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He everyone!

I have a white pearl tsx just 3 days old. The mirror signal indicators have a clear lens, however the bulb indicates yellow. Has anyone attempted to change that to an ultra white bulb? and if so, can I do it myself, or can the dealership replace the bulb? I have read the manual and it states that it must be replaced by dealership? Is this true? And does a bulb for the mirror signal light even exist in an ultra white?

Has anyone dealt with this?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
I havent..I was thinking about rigging them to strobe (Im a fireman so its legal for me :p ) but it seems like its a big pain in the @$$ to get to that light

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
This was one of the modifications I considered even before I got the car, but after when I did. I found out that it wasn't exactly a simple plug and play option. First of all, the LEDs are build in an array assembly.

Meaning if one of them fail, you'd need to replace the entire assembly instead of just one particular LED. Secondly, you cannot simply "dismantle" the array assembly and re-solder or re-attach other colored LEDs without some serious effort.

So in short, there is no plug and play option to change the colors of the LEDs. And I wouldn't attempt this either unless you're a competent auto electrician who has good experience and understanding of how this works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts