Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After alot of taking the WHOLE brake system off, and on, and off and on (total of 8 times in 7 days!) I finally can say that I am the first tsx (that i have found) that has the RL Advics with a 350z rotor installed. Enjoy :king:

Now i just have to paint the rears to match.

Does anyone know where to find some thin walled blue lug nuts that arent expensive?

tHANKS

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Special thanks to halfnhalf83 for selling the calipers

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Hey now not cool. I thought this was going to be a thread about fellow bacon lovers sharing their passion.

But seriously, this is really awesome. Congrats. How much did it cost you to complete this brake change? Give us a review when you get the chance.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great. I've seen this on Accords. Good to see it on a TSX. Let us know how it feels... Be sure to go autocross on them or something =P
I have ambition to, since I bought the brakes it really has me curious to how much fun this thing really could be on a track. Anyone in fla interested in possibly joining scca or already has? I can't be the only crazy one on the east coast?

But in reality I did this so I don't have to keep changing rotors every two years. The brakes are really the weakest point of the car and with a heavy sound system it makes it worse. I'm hoping the much better heat dissipation alone should make these an amazing improvement. I have only driven a few miles at fairly low speeds but so far so good.

and because the brakes look so sick behind 17s lol

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is nothing that bolts up. It is almost a 100% custom job to make my wheels fit and originally I thought I had plenty. Until you take it all apart and see how it works you don't know what it takes.

I do plan on doing a write up, but not a how to. I'm gonna enjoy being the only one w these for a while first.

·
Former Lude Driver
65 Posts
I have ambition to, since I bought the brakes it really has me curious to how much fun this thing really could be on a track. Anyone in fla interested in possibly joining scca or already has? I can't be the only crazy one on the east coast?

But in reality I did this so I don't have to keep changing rotors every two years. The brakes are really the weakest point of the car and with a heavy sound system it makes it worse. I'm hoping the much better heat dissipation alone should make these an amazing improvement. I have only driven a few miles at fairly low speeds but so far so good.

and because the brakes look so sick behind 17s lol
Well, I autocross Equipe Rapide and do HPDEs occasionally. They are usually in the Miami and Homestead area. What part of Florida are you in?

Also, what all did you need to make custom? This is the write up for the accord that I have seen. Did you use the same stuff?

RL advics calipers installation on 7th gen - Drive Accord Honda Forums

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's awesome. I'm in NE Florida near Jacksonville.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you know where I could look to find some info. Is SCCA the only organization or are there more?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After using a 5/16 spacer from autozone and a washer to get the exact spacing i needed, i ordered up the permanant spacer so i wouldnt have ghetto washers anymore.

Decided to paint the rotor and spacer black to keep them from rusting and to keep it looking clean with the blue rotor

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
great work just not a fan of the blue
Meh, some days I agree with you. I almost wish I would have done black w a neon green accent. What's awesome about paint is you can always paint over it. Maybe one day. First I need to get my rears to match the front lol

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
quick update:

I was on my way home a few nights ago around 3:30 in the AM and no one was on the road. I decided to do a final all out test. I had already done a few tests 50-0,60-0,70-0 etc. Well i wound the TSX out to 120mph and two footed the brakes and held. I was absolutely amazed!!!! The g-forces created almost felt fake, almost like a roller coaster. Also remember I have 2 12's two amps and a cinderblock sized secondary battery in the trunk (approx 400+lbs). I wish there was a camera watching this, im sure the rotors were glowing because it sure smelled like it. I want to remind everyone that I did this as cheaply as possible (since im in school i wanted to get it done cheap and upgrade as parts wear out) using stock parts from autozone. The only upgrade i went with was RL duralast ceramic brake pads. Thats it! This setup for a TSX is absolutely amazing and the cheapest bbk I have seen. You can still wrap up a bunch of money if you want, and go with brand name rotors and pads and brake lines, but for someone wanting a great street upgrade this is it!

More pics since i decided to stick with blue

1 - 20 of 29 Posts