Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i already have greddy exhaust system, dc headers, and injen cai

i was planning to get us pulleys or a throttle body what do you guys suggest?

·
Evan
1,090 Posts
Since its always cold in the bay, get IM gasket and TB bypass. I said it many times before and I will say it again.... UR Pulleys ftMFw!
man i cant wait to get my NST pulleys installed since I already have the other things done. Will be excited to see the results.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since its always cold in the bay, get IM gasket and TB bypass. I said it many times before and I will say it again.... UR Pulleys ftMFw!
will a shunk2 intake manifold and throttle body pass a smog test? is it legal parts? what would i need to have to get this mod?

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
there tbs are cable..idk if they make the intake manis

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, you will pass with those. :rollsmile

He asked about bypass, not about Junk2 throttle body.
do i need to buy anything else with the shunk2 throttle body and intake manifold?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Skunk 2 throttle body is a cable throttle body. It won't work with TSX. I believe u need an intake manifold adapter from hasport for the intake manifold.
are these parts street legal and is that all i need a intake manifold adapter from hasport and how much will it cost?

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
^ not to argue but he was asking about the tb and mani and if it would PASS inspection

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
OP where do you live? IIRC all the mods you have now would be considered illegal in CA. 415 = bay area?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
actually, your header should be fine if it is CARB legal. i'm pretty sure your intake is CARB pending so expect to get some grief from cops if they pop your hood (most likely a fix it ticket). Lastly, an aftermarket exhaust in CA will probably get you a fix it ticket as well.

In regards to passing smog tests, it really depends on the place you to go. For the most part, a legit shop will do an emissions test (actual measurement of smog emissions) and a visual test (see if all your emissions related parts are legal). you'll most likely fail the visual test if the shop does it by the book.

Mind you i have no real experience with this. I've never had a cop ask to pop the hood, nor have i ever gotten a smog, so do some more research.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
wow I know that car's had to be pass emissions test in most of north america, but had know idea that the cops are poping hoods and looking under people's cars!!!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts