Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased this car, and I was wondering what kind of performance mods should I get? I was thinking a CAI and hondata flashpro (tune), or Exhaust and hondata(tune).

For handling I was thinking just rear sway bar and lightweight tires.

Also would it be a real pain (money wise) to get the OEM navigation setup? I saw other threads but I feel like the special edition seems different, but not too sure.

Just give your inputs! Im not in any kind of rush

Attachments

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
CAI is nice, unless you go with a custom exhaust. Like get some nice mufflers and have a shop make the pips for you and weld it all up your options for exhaust for the 2nd gen is very limited and 1400+ for just the cat back.

Flash pro always help but just for a CAI as you probably know is not really necessary unless you want to spend the cash to buy one and then buy a tune.

Not sure about the navi stuff, lighter tires and wheels always look nice. They do make adjustable end links and a bigger sway bar for our cars. So that's something to look into. You kind of have to get creative as far as more go for the 2nd gen. The 1st gen has a lot more stuff for them.

Some 1st gen parts will work on a 2nd gen but that is limited and you need to make sure they work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For starters, I highly suggest an aftermarket intake, the rv6 precat delete and the rv6 high flow cat. These mods alone with a nice flashpro tune will make your tsx more fun to drive. Also like obert said, mufflers will add to that.
I also very much suggest (if your MT) the ct-e short shifter, weighted shift knob and hybrid racing shifter bushings. It will make shifting snappier with a more drivetrain feel without that oem sloppiness feel.

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
Hey I'm considering of getting this! How well, or how is the sound on this?
https://rv6-p.com/tsx/2nd-gen/i4-k24z3/tsxi4pcd-hfc.html
I had the rv6 down pipe and strait pipe with stock exhaust from the cat back. It was really raspy, I hated the sound. Now if you did a full exhaust the tone will probably be different. The product it's self is very nice, made with quality. But the sound just killed me. Made the car sound cheap. If I would have kept the car I would have replaced the stock cat back exhaust and I am sure I would have liked it way better.

Just my 2 cents :)

·
, Admin, Marketplace
2,147,483,650 Posts
It's a well built product but I would do a complete exhaust for the best result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts