Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mom got flowers for Mothers day...I got this:

Basically, I was parked in my folks driveway and when my mom pulled her car out, she just clipped me. It was late at night when it happened, and it was dark so...Could have been a lot worse. Luckly, no damage to the rim

Anyhow, got home this afternoon, washed it off, clayed it and with the Porter Cable in hand, was able to get it back to this:

Not too shabby. I'll probably go over it again when I do my 6th month Zaino here soon. I'll tell ya, that PC has been a great investment so far...

Here is the procedure I used:
I started with cleaning the area with a 50/50 alcohol (iso)/water mix. Rinsed and dried. I then used Clay Magic lube and a Zaino clay bar. That got most of the paint off. Rinsed and dried again.

For the PC, I used Sonus SFX-2 Enhanced Swirl Remover and a Sonus Orange pad. I set the PC to about 3.5 (per Sonus instructions) and worked on each area for about a minute or two at a time. Stoped, wiped, looked, proceded. Did this several times before I was sastisfied with the results. Switched to the Sonus Blue pad and added a layer of S100.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Ouch ! :mad: BIA..... oh it's mama, never mind :D

Looks like you did an awesome job buffing it out ! :thumbsup:
It's when moment like this one really appreciates a PC eh.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
nice job removing those scratches!:thumbsup:

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
nice job on removing the scratches.

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
I would of whipped....oh wait thats MOM's doing......nevermind :D .....good recovery!!! :thumbsup: :fro:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
spyguy said:
nice job on removing the scratches.
:sprint:

I love my PC as well, but it sounds like you are better with yours than I am. :)

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HondaMan said:
:sprint:

I love my PC as well, but it sounds like you are better with yours than I am. :)
Well, its a testament to how great these message boards can be. All I did was use the info thats out there. I was always a big trial and error guy, luckly nowadays its mostly trial and very little error.

G

·
Sorry to hear it, that hurts, especially when it's mom because you can't really do much about it.

I noticed you have the G-games wheels can you put up a couple pixs of your car with those wheels?

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nachob said:
Sorry to hear it, that hurts, especially when it's mom because you can't really do much about it.

I noticed you have the G-games wheels can you put up a couple pixs of your car with those wheels?
I just recently got a drop on it, so I'll be posting a full set of pics soon when I get the chance.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
I am curious what exactly "buffing" really did in your case...

It removed paint/whatever from from moms car right ?
Buffing smoothes out the scratches in your TSX clearcoat right ?

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
robert_tsxgeek said:
I am curious what exactly "buffing" really did in your case...

It removed paint/whatever from from moms car right ?
Buffing smoothes out the scratches in your TSX clearcoat right ?
Actually, I was able to remove most of the paint with the clay bar. And yes, your right the buffing removed the scratches from the clearcoat. I think you even reduce the amount of clearcoat in that area, but its very minimal. But, you dont want to do this several times a month, or even several times a year for that matter.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
ouch! Nice job though! :thumbsup:

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Good job man.......too bad i don't have pc.....i got some paint need to buff out too.....but too lazy~

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
larchmont said:
Great job!
And it seems you're not even that mad about it.
Which of course is good I suppose...... :ikno:
Oh, trust me I was when my mom told me about it. But after inspection, I was ok with it because I knew I wouldnt have to get any body work done...

·
Registered
97 Posts
She got yu back.....its a b!tch giving birth!

·
Registered
97 Posts
joerockt said:
Glad she waited till I got a 30K car :buttkick:
rrrrrrrrr6 more to come..... rrrrrrrrr6

1 - 18 of 18 Posts