Acura TSX Forum banner

781 - 800 of 868 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Oh nice! Looks pretty awesome! Always wanted to do that & match the the headliner to inserts in some bucket seats.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Just finishing up my navi swap. Hacked the splash screen for fun (07 navi, version 4.56)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Lol thanks! Just wanted to have some fun with it. Hack was super easy to do.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
How did you hack that?
Combined research from euro accord, ridgeline, TL, RL, and TSX, identifying the differences between the years.

Basically,
1.you take the navi DVD to your computer.
2.Extract certain files.
3. Modify them.
4. Burn them to a CD.
5. Download into your car.
6. Put the OEM DVD back in and you have a modified screen!

Problem with newer versions is the splash screen is divided up into 3 pics:
1. The background
2. The Acura/Honda logo (fixed location)
3. The text on the screen. (Fixed location)

To have the screen show up as a single graphic, I had to have the logo and text pics appear as that portion of the background.

You can even eliminate the nag screen on earlier models of the navi.

If I had more time, I would try and extract more data to mod, but it's not a priority :)

There are threads on here for it !

·
Registered
831 Posts
^ See what i tell ya :p now u got to modify that S.H.I.E.L.D. MSRP sticker file with your Agent Aragrev7 info and you will be set :) :p

PS you should also make these for a car show except have a schematic of your TSX hehehe , when i finish my bathroom and get settled in my apartment ill start cranking out more graphics :)

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Lol and tuck the emergency pamphlets in the seat pockets with a barf bag :) lol Seb you crack me up.
I'll see what I can do with the shield MSRP. You should combine it with your sunglass toggle switch to launch red and green turtles shells, and poop out banana peels :p

·
Registered
831 Posts
^ LOL @ Barfbags LOL You know that is something that i would totally do for a car show !!! I was also thinking of printing one of these puppies out and carrying it instead of a license , imagine the look on the cops face if i hand this in while getting pulled over lol

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
781 - 800 of 868 Posts