Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that the tsx scenes and forums have been dying down lately. Alot of people don't want to build their cars no more or got rid of it. I lost motivation before and was about to trade my car for a vw r32 but everytime I see pictures of other peoples tsx it makes me keep my car.

So the question is what pictures do you look at that makes you want to keep your car?

Here are the pics I look at.
( And if anybody wants me to take down their pic just let me know)

·
, Regional Meet Leader, San Diego,CA
1,965 Posts
good thread, I actually parted out most of my parts and was getting ready to sell the TSX and focus on the s2000.

But this gave me some motivation. GTSX-05's car

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
actually, the prospect of paying off another car loan makes me not want to sell the TSX for another car. it's still a great car and can handle 2 kids in the back although the trunk space gets filled up quick. i just don't want a CUV/minivan and new car loan.

ideally, i'd love to get the CUV for my wife to drive, and i'll get a fun 4-door that's got the HP/handling i want but can also lug the family around if needed.

·
pedal damn it
2,901 Posts
Pictures are nice to look at (and there's plenty of nice one's on this forum) but they don't motivate me as much as going to a meet and seeing some of these TSX's in person.

Pictures make everything seem so perfect and don't always tell the whole story. But in person u can see how someone made something work by adding spacers, rolling/pulling fenders, differences between authentic vs. replica, comparisons between lips, spoilers, exhausts, intakes, etc... the list goes on and on...

Asking questions and answering some myself to those who ask is what keeps me interested and motivated to try to apply what I have learned onto my car to make it my own. :thumbsup:

That, and having a freshly washed super shiny NBP staring back at me,... bcuz I've gone as long as a month without washing the car and I could care less about it when it's that filthy. I just ignore it until I get off my ass and do something about it and then it's all smiles again. :D

·
Autobahn Stormer
434 Posts
My Accord was built in 2008 and has still R134a refrigerant in its AC, for new cars AC's 2,3,3,3-Tetrafluoropropene (R-1234yf) is required by law where I live!

Driving a new car with this particular refrigerant is like driving a bomb on wheels!!!!

just-the-faqs-about-r-1234yf/

PDF:
http://www.vtechonline.com/pdf/News-PDFs/New%20Refrigerant%201234YF%20for%20Automotive%20Applications.pdf
http://www.sae.org/events/aars/presentations/2010/T8.pdf

So i'll keep my car as long as possibel not only for this particular reason, there are other reasons (taxes etc.), but this is the most important one.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have to say, besides inspirational pictures from other's tsx's, what keeps me loving my car is my driving routine. I drive easy during my commutes so that I don't feel bad when I drive hard every 2-3 weekends. My friend put it to me this way when we do this- would we rather spend the money going out to a movie or spend it on driving? Of course, I'm sure most of you will agree with me when I say driving.

But my first inspirational TSX is Mayuga. Especially when it looked like the pictures below. Little details that he does just inspires me. Repainting is calipers silver instead of another color or just doing a clean polish look in his engine bay. Just so clean. I consider his car to be the perfect mating of Function+Form. None of this Form>Function/Function>Form war...just peace.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
I have to say, besides inspirational pictures from other's tsx's, what keeps me loving my car is my driving routine. I drive easy during my commutes so that I don't feel bad when I drive hard every 2-3 weekends. My friend put it to me this way when we do this- would we rather spend the money going out to a movie or spend it on driving? Of course, I'm sure most of you will agree with me when I say driving.

But my first inspirational TSX is Mayuga. Especially when it looked like the pictures below. Little details that he does just inspires me. Repainting is calipers silver instead of another color or just doing a clean polish look in his engine bay. Just so clean. I consider his car to be the perfect mating of Function+Form. None of this Form>Function/Function>Form war...just peace.

+1

Mayuga's build setup motivated me to be different. For example, the single exhaust and hood bra.

I went to the local Mitsubishi dealership after school today and damn I was hooked on the Evo X.. On the way home I was thinking about trading my car in for an Evo... Recaro seats compared to our leather barely sporty seats.. But then.. how many times do you see a modified tsx.. yet alone a manual one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts