Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent almost this exact same message to HeelToe asking about their Innovative Motor Mounts, but Im also curious if anyone in the TSX community has tried any others and what the outcome was. I want a one, and done type motor mounts. I dont want to be replacing in another 60k miles. I have done a search on motor mounts but they have mostly turned up nothing or in the end the person went with OEM.

My Car w Modifications
2007 Acura TSX (65k Miles)
Modifications:
Intake
RBC Manifold
Hondata Gasket (Manifold and TB)
RBC VTC
Weapon R Header
Custom 2.5in Exhaust
Hondata Flashpro

Lately I have been reserching motor mounts for my TSX. The stock ones that are on there have become weak and the vibrations are starting to come into the cabin and the wear marks on the header doughnut are having me think that the front and rear mounts are on their last days. But with no leaking of fluid from the mounts, I dont believe I need to be in any hurry. Having come from mostly an american vehicle background I started looking for polyurethane (sp) type mounts. So far I have not found any for the TSX. OEM is always a good choice but with my modifications adding over 60+ more HP to the wheels over stock im wondering if there is a better choice, not just from a money standpoint, but time. I plan on doing the mounts myself and from my research the front mount is going to be a PITA. Im looking for a more permanant mount that will keep the almost stock feel. At this point in the cars life its a street car and besides a few trips to the strip and aspirations of doing more auto cross racing this upcoming year, its going to remain that way for quite sometime. I need a motor mount that will last and be as comfortable as stock with the possiblity of improving performace. Have you had any personal experience with these Innovative Mounts? How much stiffer are they compared to stock mounts? Is the price for all motor mounts? Is there anything else you might suggest for my particular application? Also, is adding an ETD an inexpensive way to extend the life of a typical motor mount?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn a little more every day. Learning now, saves money later :)

Merry Christmas

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Innovative will take care of you themselves. Use their website.

Currently I have my Prelude at Innovative and they are putting a TL-S J35A8 in it and custom fabbing brackets, mounts and a traction bar for it. I will vouch for them when it comes to service and quality.

Honda/Acura

As far as mixing comfort of a stock motor mount while trying to improve the performance you're really walking a fine line there. You can get different inserts in your mounts and my suggestion is to just talk to those guys and they will get you straightened out.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I want to see what heeltoe has to say and then contact innovate after the first of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
714 Posts
I was at hond-R last week and they told me they supply heel toe with mounts for the tsx

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw those but was wondering if anyone had any experience w them?

·
Registered
124 Posts
"I need a motor mount that will last and be as comfortable as stock with the possiblity of improving performace."

Tall order to find this, if you are happy with comfort level of stock mounts, I would just get new stock mounts and be done.

"Performance mounts" don't have comfort as part of their design, and running these on your car will rattle it to pieces in short order.

In my opinion there is no good compromise here, either you go full performance knowing what this will do, or you stay stock. All the in between stuff has no comfort anyway and gives up on performance.

Nino

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I was wondering when someone was going to say that. I just don't want to have to do it again, since it looks like the front mount is going to be a huge pita.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Marcus replied to my email yesterday:

"Hi Allen!

These mounts will not give anywhere close to a stock feel. They are quite a bit firmer and you will feel considerably more vibration in the floor, seat and steering wheel. That being said, I believe they would last the life of the car and provide a very direct feel to the drivetrain.

Your stock mounts may be worn even though they are not leaking. Simply putting new ones in should help. Also, the ETD will limit engine movement without transmitting too much vibration to the cabin.

My suggestion is a couple new engine mounts and an ETD."

So with that said, I know I have seen alot of people run an ETD. My question is does/will an ETD extend the life of a stock motor mount in my situation? Does anyone have real world experience with something close to my mods and situation? The more I look at the front motor mount and what it is going to take the change it, im starting to lean toward NEVER having to do it again and going with the Innovative Mounts 65A (Street) that are polyurethane and wont ever fail again. Even if it does affect vibration, I have two layers of sound deadener on the floor of the cabin with plans to do the same to the roof when I suede it later next year.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Double Post

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got off the phone w Tim at Innovative Mounts. He suggested the 75A because of the power level im at. He said that if I did go with the 60A that more than likely I would have to deal with a warrenty swap out. So...hmmm.

·
Registered
714 Posts
i would have thought the engine torque damper would help in extending the life of the oem mounts.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My thinking is the same just wondering if someone w it would have definite knowledge of it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts