Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the aspec kit simple enough to DIY without power tools, or is a drill required? On a related note, is $520 for the front and rear aspec lip a good price?

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
The front and rear lip is pretty easy to install. For the front you just need a knife razor to cut the holes for the fog light area. Installation is easy, no drills needed. Just make sure you take off your front bumper to remove the stock fog light cover, otherwise the A-Spec fog light cover won't fit. I learned that the hard way.

The price listed, is that $520 shipped? If so, that's a steal

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Depends on the year of your car. 04-05 just needs a screwdriver. 06-08 needs a sharp razor and a screwdriver.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
$520 for brand new? if so then good deal. Because for front and rear costs $550 new and shipped to your door. $275 each

Actually it would be better if you had a drill for 06-08, it actually requires some drilling on the rear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The front and rear lip is pretty easy to install. For the front you just need a knife razor to cut the holes for the fog light area. Installation is easy, no drills needed. Just make sure you take off your front bumper to remove the stock fog light cover, otherwise the A-Spec fog light cover won't fit. I learned that the hard way.

The price listed, is that $520 shipped? If so, that's a steal
I actually don't want to drop the bumper on this car -- knowing me, the bumper would fly off on the highway at some poitn in the near future. Sounds like I'll have to take it to an autobody shop to have it mounted.

And yeah, it is $520 out of the door (I will be picking it up from the dealership)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I actually don't want to drop the bumper on this car -- knowing me, the bumper would fly off on the highway at some poitn in the near future. Sounds like I'll have to take it to an autobody shop to have it mounted.

And yeah, it is $520 out of the door (I will be picking it up from the dealership)
lol just DIY.. your bumper wont fly off. its held in by the bumper tabs and you have a screw to hold in the sides to. i jsut dont want you to end up paying for something done at an autobody shop for something that can be done at home

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
i asked the dealership for a quote just to see how ridiculous their install costs would be...and they said about 5-6 hours of labor- at $120/hr. i walked out before he finished his sentence...so i ended up just installing it myself

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
5/6 hours for the aspec install? He better be replacing the bumpers and buffing out your whole car as well. No way does it take that long or should it cost anywhere near that much.

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
5/6 hours for the aspec install? He better be replacing the bumpers and buffing out your whole car as well. No way does it take that long or should it cost anywhere near that much.
Word

For the front and rear lip 1.5 hours tops and that's stretching it.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
$520 for both?! :hmmph: wtf? No wonder everyone had this kit at Import Alliance. Euro R I ordered is easily over 3x that. Hope it's worth it... "Gotta pay to play."

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
$520 for both?! :hmmph: wtf? No wonder everyone had this kit at Import Alliance. Euro R I ordered is easily over 3x that. Hope it's worth it... "Gotta pay to play."
Lol, Vel. What does your kit costs for those buying the kit actually in Europe? And possibly from a supplier that has a large quantity in stock like here? Did you maybe pay a premium for sending it over here and a premium from someone knowing they're "rare" here. In that case, the only difference is you got pwn'd for being North American. :D
Again, I don't know the answer but they're just OEM kits, so quality can't be that different. (and I know you can take a little teasing :p )

IPhone Autoguide

·
Registered
172 Posts
Installed Aspec Kit for the first time last week. If I'd had done it before it probably would only take a couple of hours. But, in my case took my time followed the instructions.See link below to download them. Despite soaking bolts the day before still two from the front and both bolts on each side sheared.
Start to finish took me 4-5 hours and pleased with the results.

Acura online store - 2006 TSX Accessory installation (DIY) instructions

·
My car whines
637 Posts
i asked the dealership for a quote just to see how ridiculous their install costs would be...and they said about 5-6 hours of labor- at $120/hr. i walked out before he finished his sentence...so i ended up just installing it myself
lmfao at 5-6 hours @120/hr to install a lip kit... that's straight up highway robbery

1 - 18 of 18 Posts