Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2009 Acura TSX 4 months ago and now have a job offer to move to Germany, which I've been waiting for. Does anyone know if the warranty will be void? Is it worth bringing an Acura over (which doesn't exist there outside a similar Honda) or should I just sell it before I move? Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Regional (Canada)
2,756 Posts
I say sell it and get something else in Europe...and dont forget to post pics coz you will make some of us really jealous :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One thing I should probably also mention is I work with the US military so I don't have to deal with any German registration issues or anything. The potential issue is with the warranty/finding parts etc.

A military car sale BMW tax free may sway my judgment a bit but... IT'S ONLY 4 MONTHS OLD! haha, I don't really want to know how much I'll lose on the deal.

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
I would think its a bad time to sell a car. I'm not sure about the TSX, but I think you'll lose quite a bit of money selling it now. I would give a dealer a call to make sure you have a warranty over seas.

IMO it shouldn't be voided just because you go over sees. Its like saying if you move from Canada to USA its voided.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Contact Acura. My father had a Nissan Maxima and he took it with him to Germany when he was deployed to Germany for 5 years. This was back in the 80's but he had no issue with Nissan's service in Germany though Germany did not have a big presence in Germany in the 80's

·
, Moderator Emeritus
2,851 Posts
I mean all the parts are honda parts, and there is a Euro Accord. You should be okay.

·
Registered
164 Posts
No Probs with warranty Germany with your Acura.The Dealers can ordered all parts for your car.We have some imported Acura´s her in Germany.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Awesome!!:laugh:
LOL. I just caught that. I meant to say Nissan didn't have a big dealership presence in Germany at the time my pops had his Maxima.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I know, but it was still kind of funny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As Spoony said you have no probs in germany, i live in a city with a US Army Base and i know alot americans and i never heard that they got probs with parts or warranty, they only problem you could have is, if the parts are only made for TSX and not for both (Euro Accord &TSX) so it could happened that you have to wait a long time for the part.

You wrote that you registration is still US (military) and you don´t have to deal with no german registration, that´s not correct... you have to deal with some, but not with all.
In germany are tinted windshileds and the 2 front windows, some tuning parts illegal no matter if you german or not.

But you don´t have to change parts like windshield, exhaust or headlights. We here in germany have other technical laws as the USA.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I bought a 2009 Acura TSX 4 months ago and now have a job offer to move to Germany, which I've been waiting for. Does anyone know if the warranty will be void? Is it worth bringing an Acura over (which doesn't exist there outside a similar Honda) or should I just sell it before I move? Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

Well i live in canada .. if you buy a car in the USA the warranty is voided.. sooooo i say YESS??? correct if im wrong..

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
lol.... bring it over. american acura is like the jdm honda accord euro r in the states :D

·
Drive it like u stole it
247 Posts
I have a Acura TSX in Holland, and i spoke to the local Honda dealer. And they can get every part that you need. I have done the same check with my CL9 Based on the VIN number.

But as warranty goes, they tell me that they are willing to do the work if i can get Acura USA to pay for it. Which i think is going to be hard, especially in these times.

The most Acura's you see in Germany are the MPV's. You can check this out one www.mobile.de also availible in English.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts