Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can get a mp3 player kit? i dont need the mp3 player. i just want a kit so i can put my dvd player head unit there. i did some searching but cant seem to find any. any links or help?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
You can get it from any Acura dealer. Just walk in and tell them you need Acura part number 08B06-SEC-210. They should let you buy it seperately with no problems.

If you can't find it, let me know, and I can do some digging for you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. So you can just buy the kit without the mp3 player? Im gonna go to the dealer and try to get it then. Hope it doesnt cost too much.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
Yes you can. If there is a seperate part number, then you can buy it seperately. If they try to act like you can't buy it seperately, tell them you will go somewhere else.

I would just walk in and tell them you need a part and have the part number. The kit runs $70-$90. It's pretty pricey, but a custom install/mount for a HU would probably cost even more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. It is kinda pricey, but its gonna look nice like stock. So im gonna go check it out when i have time. Thanks again guys for your help.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
hey tsx559... i ended up gettin the unit with the group buy... thanx for that lol.... did u install it yet? was it hard? and wat kinda dvd player did u get?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chyllintsx said:
hey tsx559... i ended up gettin the unit with the group buy... thanx for that lol.... did u install it yet? was it hard? and wat kinda dvd player did u get?

thats cool man. its a really good deal. i ended up with 2 units. mine should be getting in on wednesday. i placed my order like 30 minutes late. i could have got it on monday. im using my old dvd player for now. its from like 1999. out of date. planning on getting a new one later when i have some more money to play with. ill let you no on the install. cant wait for that.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
hey man... yea i jes got mine today cuz im in NY too and im jes waitin for mah dvd player which hopefully will b here around a week.... r u gunna install urs once u get it?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe. i need to take a look at it first and see what i need and where i can put the unit. im pretty sure i no where to put it already and what to do. its pretty small so i might put it behind the navigation dvd. im going to connect it to a gold plate video rca and run it to the dash where my dvd player is going to be at. ill probably run it down the center instead of the sides. and for sound im just going to use a 4 channel wireless fm modulator for right now. i can always get a blitzsafe later on when i get the video switcher and headrest monitors. maybe passenger visor monitor too. how about you? are going to do it yourself or have the shop do it for you?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
ionno .... i cant work on cars at all, memphis might take a look at it and see what he can do to it.. i got the unit today n it is pretty small... i dun think the wires are long enough for it to reach the trunk tho... but i dunno anything bout this tho... if memphis cant do it then im gunna bring it to the guy n hes gunna install it... but my idea is to get the unit in some how... connect the dvd player to the AUX plug and put the player in the center under the navi... only thing i dunno where to put is that little switch to switch between navi and tv mode... where u plan on puttin that?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chyllintsx said:
ionno .... i cant work on cars at all, memphis might take a look at it and see what he can do to it.. i got the unit today n it is pretty small... i dun think the wires are long enough for it to reach the trunk tho... but i dunno anything bout this tho... if memphis cant do it then im gunna bring it to the guy n hes gunna install it... but my idea is to get the unit in some how... connect the dvd player to the AUX plug and put the player in the center under the navi... only thing i dunno where to put is that little switch to switch between navi and tv mode... where u plan on puttin that?
the unti should be in the trunk next to the navi dvd. thats where you are gonna have to cut the wires and tap into. is the intructions easy to follow? mine should be getting in today. cant wait to go home and see it on the table. 1blue1.gif the toggle switch should be up front somewhere easy to get to. like next to the vsa button. or hidden in the "not an ashtray". im still deciding on where to put mines. just have to wait. i might even go home for lunch to see if its there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
maybe we can make our own plug n play. do you no where we can buy that conncector from? i think its the 16 pin connector.if so, then all we need to do is buy a male and female connector and run the wires and tap into it. then you will have your own plug n play version. it will be just like the naviplus.tv guys. anyone no where i can get those 16 pin connectors?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
yea man that would be awesome if we can make our own plug and play... those nut jobs at maviplus.tv wanted 375 for the unit and 350 for installation...CRAZY... n i have no clue wat the 16 pin connector is or wat male n female wire ur talkin bout... but if u can figure this out (cuz im electrical illiterate) then maybe u can walk me thru it =)).... and the instructions seem to be pretty simple, cuz it jes says so cut which color wire and attach it to that color wire... but i dun remember it sayin it had to be in the truck next to the dvd thing... but i might be wrong... but i want that switch somewhere in the middle .... reachin over to the vsa part is so annoying... thats y i hate the fact that the sunroof controls are over there... and its not ONETOUCH open/close.... so depressing haha...GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its easier if you put the unit in the trunk. its out of the way. the only thing that you will have to do is run the video connection to your video source, dvd player, ps2, etc. and im still searching for that stupid 16 pin connector. its hard to find one cuss its made for only honda/acura. ill figure something out. if i cant, then ill just have to cut the wires. oh well. its cool tho.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
how are u gunna run video connection to the dvd player? cuz the wire is REALLY short... and are u gunna run the wires under panels or something?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
chyllintsx said:
how are u gunna run video connection to the dvd player? cuz the wire is REALLY short... and are u gunna run the wires under panels or something?
i got a 12 ft gold plated video cable that im gonna run down the center of the car. under the rear seats, by the middle hump, and along side the e brake, and into the compartment where my dvd player is going to be when i get that mp3 player kit. the short wire that your talking about is probably attatch to the cutted wires that your suppose to do behind the navi dvd in the trunk. you can tap into power and ground on the navi dvd too. it should be yellow and black stripe for power. and black for ground on the 8 pin connector. it seems complicating, but its not. im off in 30 minutes, cant wait to go home and see my unit there waiting for me to put it on. might have to get the stuff ready today and go through it. then im gonna install tomorrow or sometime this week. ill let you no bro.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
damn that does send complicated haha lucky i dun have to do it haha... thanx alot for the info dude ... let me know how it goes... how u gunna screw on the unit onto the trunk?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just got my 2 unit yesterday. the toggle switch wire is pretty short. so im going to make it longer so i can run it to the front. i might have the unit in the front. i just need to find out where the wire is by the screen. i might just tap into that since all the wires or so short. i need one more day of searching. gotta find out where i can put the unit now.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
haha see i told u the wires are really short haha... i think imma put the unit in the glove compartment, not sure yet tho... have fun puttin urs in... let me know how it goes bro...take care

1 - 20 of 48 Posts