Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the brochure the dealer can add an mp3 player to teh stereo. Has anyone got this, or know some info on what it is (cd based, manufac, etc?). Wondering if this is worth it, or if I can add my own.

Ryan
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,496 Posts
Posted by mikemav at another forum:

Acura MP3 player witht he Navigation system/stereo. I do not know what protocol it uses (not familiar with CAN) but it DOES control the MP3 player with the radio controls and steering wheel controls. If you look at the Acura MP3, it does not have ANY controls on it at all except an eject button. To select it, you keep hitting the audio button on the steering wheel (it toggles from FM-1, FM-2, AM, CD, and CD-P, which is what it calls the MP3 player. You can also hit the CD/AUX button on the radio to get to that input. Once playing the Acura MP3 source, the track up/down controls work and the Navi screen shows CD-P, the track number, and the elapsed time along with random and sound buttons across the bottom.
 

Attachments

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,496 Posts
Real Emotion said:
What's the difference between the 6 CD changer and the MP3 player? Thanks!
Welcome to the site! MP3 player you can play mp3's on it the music you can get it online then transfer to cd and have like 50 songs on one cd because they are in mp3 format. :D

CD is just regular cd's..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
in WA, they charge close to $1000 for mp3 player..
kinda expensive.. Sony mp3 player which costs around 600 looks even much better...hmmm
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,496 Posts
w_piti said:
in WA, they charge close to $1000 for mp3 player..
kinda expensive.. Sony mp3 player which costs around 600 looks even much better...hmmm
wow $1000 bux is too much!! I rather not have it lol :rolleyes: Thats too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1k doesn't sound right, if you price it on acura's website it's 459 plus 92 installed. Did I see a windows logo on there? If the nav system runs windows, hell it might just be not that hard to hack it to remove that disclaimer screen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Well, I did ask the dealer, they told me they have to buy "those connection wires" which costs around $200 as it is connected to the steering wheel control button. Then also, Plus installation and tax. Altogether around 1000.. I wouldnt think its a good idea to get mp3 player anyway when you already have the 6cd changer. And yeah, any hacker around here? I really hate the disclaimer screen!!
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
454 Posts
damn 1000's alot.. but i've become quite comfortable with mp3's instead of cd's i might just have to splurge when the time comes... cuz... i like having all my music on like 15 cd's rather then 100+ cd's
 
G

·
wow, that looks familiar!

tsxclub said:
Acura MP3 player witht he Navigation system/stereo. I do not know what protocol it uses (not familiar with CAN) but it DOES control the MP3 player with the radio controls and steering wheel controls. If you look at the Acura MP3, it does not have ANY controls on it at all except an eject button. To select it, you keep hitting the audio button on the steering wheel (it toggles from FM-1, FM-2, AM, CD, and CD-P, which is what it calls the MP3 player. You can also hit the CD/AUX button on the radio to get to that input. Once playing the Acura MP3 source, the track up/down controls work and the Navi screen shows CD-P, the track number, and the elapsed time along with random and sound buttons across the bottom.
Hey TSXclub- this is my post I made over at another forum. Glad you liked the info and the way I wrote it, and I'm not trying to start any trouble or flames, but...I was quite suprised to see my post word for word shown on this forum in your name. Anyway, hope the info was helpful The picture is a nice touch...I did not post that. Anyway, I will check out this forum as well as this is my first time back in a while. When I was here at the beginning of May it was much smaller. Glad to see things are growning and love to talk about our great TSX's. Just next time please use a quote or acknowledge the other post instead of just copying another's text. Thanks
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,496 Posts
Re: wow, that looks familiar!

mikemav said:
Hey TSXclub- this is my post I made over at another forum. Glad you liked the info and the way I wrote it, and I'm not trying to start any trouble or flames, but...I was quite suprised to see my post word for word shown on this forum in your name. Anyway, hope the info was helpful The picture is a nice touch...I did not post that. Anyway, I will check out this forum as well as this is my first time back in a while. When I was here at the beginning of May it was much smaller. Glad to see things are growning and love to talk about our great TSX's. Just next time please use a quote or acknowledge the other post instead of just copying another's text. Thanks
post fixed take a look thought i qouted it before. sorry ;)
 
G

·
No problem! I like the MP3 I have, but I sure do wish it would show folder names or ID3 tags on the screen. If I could figure out how to control an aftermarket MP3 player, changer, or hard drive based system from the steering wheel I would have gone that route.
 
G

·
Hey Mikemav when you say "I like the MP3 I have, but I sure do wish it would show folder names or ID3 tags on the screen." Are you saying that it does not display folder names or id3 tag names anywhere, or just not on the navigation screen? If you can't see the folder names, how do you navigate through sub-folders?

Thanks
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top