Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does gas mileage change with the intake mods (CAI, SRI, or anything else you have done).

im just curious something maybe we should start noticing, and yes i am sure the MPG goes down with these new toys in the begining, but after the novelty wears off how is the gas milege?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Well, I got 31 MPG doing 80+ MPH going to Florida recently and I have an Injen CAI. So, I don't think it hurts gas mileage at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very good, would it help in any way? cuz i ususal get like 29 mpg driving on the highways here, but hey as long as it doesnt signifcantly drop i think ill spare the extra miles or in my case gain them for extra hp and sound

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
xtremespeed2102 said:
very good, would it help in any way? cuz i ususal get like 29 mpg driving on the highways here, but hey as long as it doesnt signifcantly drop i think ill spare the extra miles or in my case gain them for extra hp and sound
I think it does help...certainly doesn't hurt. It's worth the investment. :)

Joker, did you ever get yours installed?

·
owned ur ass
200 Posts
only reason its hurts your gas mileage at first is because everyone always floors it or gets up to high rpms when shifting to hear that nice roar that everyone loves. But after awhile when you get used to it and drive normal again the CAI will not hurt at all but only help your gas mileage a bit.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I'm more inclined to suggest how your driving style affects your MPG other than anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts