Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
j.tear1080 said:
I don't know, but I do wish my steeringwheel buttons would light up. That would be nice.
Mine does :)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
j.tear1080 said:
I don't know, but I do wish my steeringwheel buttons would light up. That would be nice.
2005 models have this feature, but at the same time the buttons are black...it should have been color matching.:slant:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Agent_Chen said:
2005 models have this feature, but at the same time the buttons are black...it should have been color matching.:slant:
WTF that reviewer tested 2005 model yet he said
"- Unlit steering wheel controls" :donno:

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
"- Notchy automatic shifter gate"

One of the things I noticed first and didn't like.

You know how MBenz shifts like right ?
I guess he meant it doesn't shift like MB's smoooooth effortless gate shifter.

My complaint is that TSX's looks like a gate shifter yet still shifts like an Accord, Civic.

·
Registered
162 Posts
About the automatic shifter...I wish they could change it a little bit....I will like it if up shift is to pull and downshift is to push (Currently is up push/down pull)

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
Maybe I'm imagining it, but I can't remember my steering wheel buttons lighting up and I just bought an '05...

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
robert_tsxgeek said:
WTF that reviewer tested 2005 model yet he said
"- Unlit steering wheel controls" :donno:
Mine's 05 too....and i have them unlit.....i think it's cause it's in canada.... US and Canada models are diff??

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
Mine's 05 too....and i have them unlit.....i think it's cause it's in canada.... US and Canada models are diff??

no no I re-read that article apparently the test was done on a 2004

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BBgun said:
About the automatic shifter...I wish they could change it a little bit....I will like it if up shift is to pull and downshift is to push (Currently is up push/down pull)
Same......ahaha...too much intial D??
It feels weird to push up to shift up.... the SMG on M3s are the other way around~

·
Registered
256 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
Same......ahaha...too much intial D??
It feels weird to push up to shift up.... the SMG on M3s are the other way around~

I understand you on that. My Protege5 came with those semi-auto tranny. And its the other way around too; Push/UP and Pull/down. I kinda like that better....

·
Registered
109 Posts
The buttons light up, but are not a super-bright light. Just enough to see them if you look in the dark. IMO, it's a good change. Esp with the cruise control...cause I likes ta cruise!

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
CSpaR said:
The buttons light up, but are not a super-bright light. Just enough to see them if you look in the dark. IMO, it's a good change. Esp with the cruise control...cause I likes ta cruise!
Where should the light be coming from on the buttons? I have an '05 and double checked the steering wheel today. Unless, somehow there is light squeezing through the exterior of the buttons which i couldnt tell during the day, my buttons definitely don't light up.

And in regards to the US/Canada comment, my car was bought in the U.S.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts