Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
I don't have pics, but once you remove the splash shield, you'll see it. It looks like a round-head bolt with a square in the middle - use your ratchet and an extension to turn it -- no socket required. It's probably the only one down there that looks this way. Make sure you can remove the fill bolt BEFORE removing the drain bolt!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you curls.
today i went to pick up the washers from the dealer and he gave some weird diagram where there are two fill bolts number 20. is it correct? that is why i wanted to see the real pics.

·
Registered
119 Posts
if i have time . i will take pictures of what im talking bout.. everybody usually does it through the side hole but filling it can be a pain... theres another fill plug right on top of the tranny. if you down you can see it... tricky to get the socket on, but its doeable and filling is easier

·
Registered
119 Posts
here is a pic i took of the fill plug on top of the tranny.. just disconnecto the connector and put your deep socket over it . fill in whatever you drained

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
Fixed. Not really sure what you're talking about still...is the bolt facing up?

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
let me know how your MT fluid color looks....

i just did mine last week, oil came out a little yellowish, looked sorta like newer motor oil, however the new OEM Honda/Acura MT fluid was almost clear when i filled it back up

i filled it thru the top, there is a rubber black cap with a breather hole in it sitting over a metal tube, almost directly under the air intake hose, i filled from here, took a little while tho, it kept gurgling and glugging as it took 2.1 liters but it eventually all went in, this was the easiest option for me at the time

no noticeable gains... maybe a hair smoother... im sure my tranny enjoyed some freshies tho, and thats all that matters to me :)

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
i changed mine at 66k..... i bought the car used and had no clue who owned it before it, just routine peace of mine maintenance

i'd say it was just a TINY bit darker than fresh motor oil, amberish yellow

1 - 20 of 25 Posts