Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this day and age it seems like people/companies/social media are more blatant and straight forward about what they are putting into society without a care of what repercussions are to follow.

Some of these shows such as SKINS seem to have no meaning.
Maybe, i'm just talking hot air, but me and my friend just watched one episode to see what it was all about and basically after 15 minutes, B.S. is what the verdict seemed to be.

I'm only 22, but I know when I was younger this bull*hi* wasn't on tv, I feel sorry for our up and coming society if stuff like this continues to be freely put up on television even though I know its up to the parents as well and their responsibility to ensure their children go down the right path.
Certain things that the younger generation see on tv still has some type of impact on them whether they know its reality or not. A lot of this stuff isn't realistic and I can't see how its entertainment, I guess I have the old school chris rock and adam sandler type of humor still.

Other dumb shows that shouldn't be on tv are:
Teen moms
16 and pregnant
and 90% of other mtv shows!

Time for me to write some new scripts!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
The original BBC "Skins" was actually pretty good, the first season anyways. The MTV version however is awful along with pretty much every other show on MTV besides Fantasy Factory.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I am not strict when it comes to letting my kids watch what they want. But this kind of show disgusts me. They make it seem like it's cool to lie to your parents and party irresponsibly. I don't get disgusted easily, but this disgusts me.

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel the same way, I never felt like that towards shows before, but these shows are just getting ridiculous....

LoL and guess what, I was watchin something on E and they said a girl purposely got pregnant just to be on 16 and pregnant. Ain't dat a bissssch!

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
Haven't watched it and never will. I agree Travis, 90% of the MTV shows are crap. The teenage pregnancy shows are the worst. Yes they show some of the hardships from having a child at such a young and immature age, but at the same time glorifying it. MTV = crap.

:saggin:

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
nail on the head....does MTV still stand for "Music Television"? Because I never see any music videos. And if they do play music, it's crap.

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
MTV is terrible now. I don't even like the music they play. Fuse is a different case but also garbage.

I pretty much stick to sports and science channels. And where ever Family Guy / Futurama are :D

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think everyone is with me when I say, I really miss the old days... Ya, our modern stuff is nice and all, but I remember being in the 90s and watching mtv and what ever they had on was about MUSIC.... MTV needs to drop the (M) !

·
PhisaggiN
1,536 Posts
Yo! MTV Raps FTMFW!

:sagginsam:

·
pedal damn it
2,896 Posts
I feel the same way, I never felt like that towards shows before, but these shows are just getting ridiculous....

LoL and guess what, I was watchin something on E and they said a girl purposely got pregnant just to be on 16 and pregnant. Ain't dat a bissssch!
Haven't watched it and never will. I agree Travis, 90% of the MTV shows are crap. The teenage pregnancy shows are the worst. Yes they show some of the hardships from having a child at such a young and immature age, but at the same time glorifying it. MTV = crap.

:saggin:
MTV is garbage!

and YES...those pregnancy shows are the worst. instead of speaking out against it they condone it and glorify it! :dunno:

and now u got these dumb, inbred, fugly bitches on the covers of US, PEOPLE, etc...as if though they're some kind of celebrity royalty. :squint: as if though we care or have nothing better to do with our time and follow up on their pathetic lives.

i feel sorry for those babies but their parents need to be lined up and SHOT along with the execs at MTV and various other networks for putting this trash out there! :2guns:

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shot with a big ass GUN!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts