Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
:drool1: Very nice!!! It seems to give the car a more agressive look. Are you getting the colored hood trim piece/painting the hood trim piece also?
Oh, I likey the ACURA above your windsheild too.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
I also really like the Mugen grill!! I am still wondering if I comes painted? Also, where is the Mugen badge to goes on the grill?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it did not come prepainted. I had to have it painted. Also I have heard from others that when they have had the Mugen piece on people have tride to take it off and in the process damaged the whole grill. So I decided to let it off. Also I am going to get the hood trim painted.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
coltsicehockey said:
Also I am going to get the hood trim painted.
That was my other question. I noticed on the Spoon TSX that they also painted that chrome piece, and it looks soooo clean :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hellpp

Guys i have been looking all over for this grill. someone PLEASE tell me where i can get one, or even a similar mesh grill even if its not teh Mugen one. THANKS :rolleyes:

·
would you be my neighbor?
243 Posts
it looks great but... i dont like the open/emptyness... thats left... i perfer the euro r grill over that...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The Mugen grille comes prepainted in whatever color code Honda specifies, unless your car is not a generic color which is highly unlikely ... It should come painted from factory. The Mugen emblem is located in the middle of the grille and a replacement spare can be purchased if necessary.

Color coded bonnet trim is not part of the Mugen item but instead an CL7 Euro R Honda genuine part/item, the Mugen half version front bumper which this grille is designed for (There are 2 types of grille) still spots the chrome trim instead of the color coded trim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where could I get a 'grill piece' for the area below the front grill to protect my carburator from road debris (open area located in the middle of the front bumper)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
nevaspb said:
Where could I get a 'grill piece' for the area below the front grill to protect my carburator from road debris (open area located in the middle of the front bumper)?

TSX is fuel injected. Not carburated.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
There are no specific makes for the TSX on the central-lower grille at this stage. However you can give makes like - GrilleTech or Coastal Metals Accessories a query to see if they're willing to make a suitable application.

·
Registered
5 Posts
CL9 K24a said:
There are no specific makes for the TSX on the central-lower grille at this stage. However you can give makes like - GrilleTech or Coastal Metals Accessories a query to see if they're willing to make a suitable application.
So you mean to say none of you have that area covered with anything (besides the plastic 'grille' that came with the car)?

p.s. my appologies, Brooks ;)

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
Does anyone know how expensive it is to have that installed? I would like to buy one, but have no way in hell to do the install by myself.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the install is so easy the front bumper comes of nice and easy and then the grill just pops out and the mugen pops in. where are you located i could do the install for you if you live near by

1 - 20 of 21 Posts