Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though the intake is around $1000, it seems as if it would be somewhat worthy of the price if it made consistant gains throughout the whole RPM range. I don't like comprimising low end torque for high end horsepower, etc. So if this intake system makes gains in torque and hp throughout the band, i might consider it as a future option. Anyone have any experience with it, or know anyone with it. Or where to find dyno charts on it. I was super pleased with my Mugen Catback Twin Loop on my Teg GS-R......Couldn't say enough good things about it.....maybe this will be same scenario

-damon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
as wut i can remeber ... ppl weren't happy with the mugen intake's result .. ~
and it's basically focused on the low~ mid range performance .. ~
i dont really remeber the number .. but it's sthing like 5~8 hp ~ and that's like 2 yrs ago
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,350 Posts
Andynolife said:
as wut i can remeber ... ppl weren't happy with the mugen intake's result .. ~
and it's basically focused on the low~ mid range performance .. ~
i dont really remeber the number .. but it's sthing like 5~8 hp ~ and that's like 2 yrs ago
lol 5-8 hp is not that bad!

As I read magazines, I see almost all honda race car that race in macau and China use Mugen intake. So I am thinking the intake must have sth good to motivate those racing team to use it. I wouldn't think it is just some mind-fuking b/c they invest so much money on racing and not all mods coming from mugen....

hmm... really tempting to try...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
wel .. i guess it's great for tracking .. ~ for all range performance .. ~
like ppl always said .. ~
JDM products r always good for track day and all range performance ..
USDM r most likely to be for peak peroformance .. ~ like drag .. or stright line racing
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,350 Posts
Andynolife said:
wel .. i guess it's great for tracking .. ~ for all range performance .. ~
like ppl always said .. ~
JDM products r always good for track day and all range performance ..
USDM r most likely to be for peak peroformance .. ~ like drag .. or stright line racing
yeah... I agree....
let's make Fender to be the white mouse, hee hee...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
SAZABI said:
yeah... I agree....
let's make Fender to be the white mouse, hee hee...
hahahaha ... ~ :sprint:
but he alrdy got the injen CAI .. ~
u ask zigen to be the white mouse .. ~ :thumbsup:
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,350 Posts
Andynolife said:
hahahaha ... ~ :sprint:
but he alrdy got the injen CAI .. ~
u ask zigen to be the white mouse .. ~ :thumbsup:
Possible response from Zigen:

1. You buy me one, and I am happy to test it for u.
2. Do u think I am stupid?
3. NO!!!
4. If u cook for me, and clean my room for 10 years, i will think about it.
..... more... but oh well... :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
SAZABI said:
Possible response from Zigen:

1. You buy me one, and I am happy to test it for u.
2. Do u think I am stupid?
3. NO!!!
4. If u cook for me, and clean my room for 10 years, i will think about it.
..... more... but oh well... :laugh:
haha .. ~~ then forget abt it .. ~
find some young dude with big bux .. :squint:
 

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
Joined
·
9,175 Posts
I guess you guys foudn your YOUNG white mouse......I am not needed.....HAHAHA~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
I installed both the Hondata heat shield gasket and & Mugen intake at the same time. Got consistent gains throughout the entire range. I intend to install the Mugen exhaust in the next two weeks. Very pleased with both. If I could figure out how to post the dyno I would do it.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
7,952 Posts
ixhead00 said:
I installed both the Hondata heat shield gasket and & Mugen intake at the same time. Got consistent gains throughout the entire range. I intend to install the Mugen exhaust in the next two weeks. Very pleased with both. If I could figure out how to post the dyno I would do it.

www.imageshack.us
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,878 Posts
I wonder if you modify the mugen intake and run a pipe in the middle of it so it works like the injen CAI and stick a cone filter on the bottom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
then y dont u just buy a CAI which will denfinitely provide u with a better flow :D
i kno u all wanan the bling bling JDM looks .. :lol:
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
5,878 Posts
Andynolife said:
then y dont u just buy a CAI which will denfinitely provide u with a better flow :D
i kno u all wanan the bling bling JDM looks .. :lol:
well i have the injen right now lol. but I am trying to find a jdm intake but really dont want to lose the gains i have right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,621 Posts
buy the HKS SR and weld the rest of ur CAI on it .. :D or buy the Mugen airbox cover ..
anyway .. really hope u can find a solution ~ good luck ~
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
SAZABI said:
As I read magazines, I see almost all honda race car that race in macau and China use Mugen intake. So I am thinking the intake must have sth good to motivate those racing team to use it.
The reason why they use Mugen in reflect is stricted based on their restrictions/modification permits to run in a particular class/category. So, they are more than likely permitted to run a replacement OEM airbox/style intake system but not a CAI system. Hence the reason why this could be a key selection criteria.

In fact, I rarely see CAI systems being used/allowed in any type of off-road/circuit racing. Don't ask me why. But CAI is a street bias product. And the design of the airbox vs CAI replacement intake design has different powerband bias/tuning in mind. In general, it is impossible to achieve gains throughout the entire powerband. You either gain low-mid end torque bias with the airbox design or selectively mid-high end power with the CAI design.

Which works better/suits an application is entirely based on what it's used for/when/where. In a closed circuit environment with tight to medium speed corners and minimal top speed straights, the airbox design with the torque gains would prove to be more efficient in subjective gains vs the CAI design because there isn't enough room/need to use those mid-high end power gains.
 

·
TSX of the Month Winner
Joined
·
1,748 Posts
Lol I Say From What I'm Readin If U Want Power Gains Jus Get The Injen Cai I've Researched Alot Of Intakes An I Only Like The Power Gains From The Injen By Looking At The Dyno Charts From Most Intakes. Also The K&n Is About The Same As The Injen From The Dyno Sheets.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top