Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bI've seen this video of how to install Mugen intake on CL9
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehzJRL2jrGM

And please notice the parts they have installed at min: 2:42 , (step 12, block off plate install ) and min 3:44 (step 15 , install Intake Duct) .

I'm wondering what is the reason for installing the Block-Off Plate (step 12 ) ?
Does it create a chamber along with the Intake Duct ?
Interesting they have chosen to have indirect air feed there , using that Intake Duct (step 16) instead of taking air from the front grille near the fog light ? I'm wondering why ? Is it more friendly with dust and other unwanted objects not to be sucked in the filter ?

I'm wondering if we can add something like these to our Icebox intake ?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice mate, and very informative with pictures , thank you !
I'm not sure I've understood where from will the hot air be sucked from engine bay, without that block-off plate.
By the way is that a custom block-off plate I see in the first picture ?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I see, thanks mate, so J's Racig and Mugen thought it will be a good idea to have a shield block there and an intake duct (very similar design), interesting stuff . I might made one of those, just in case :)

The tough part will be to have an intake duct like the one used in the video by Mugen (step 16) .

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi ******

Do you recall the aproximate sizes for that heat shield block you have used ?
I have these 2 pices of metal sheets https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkhihsg50nqpnni/IMAG0276.jpg their sizes are 28x20 (cm) and 24x23 (cm) ... I would like to know if any of them will be enough to cover that area, before attempting to remove the front bumper.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks mate I will

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which little thing for the crash sensor?

Do you have the front scoop (intake duct) also?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I need some opinions in cutting the bumper vent (next to the fog light), like @****** did.
But I was thinking to add some metal wire-gauze with the smallest holes possible over those openings, too.

But I'm concern about water mostly ... what do you think , is it safe to drive in bad weather with that open thing down there ? (by the way I have an Icebox) ?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey ****** that is a good idea, thanks!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi guys,

I've managed to get a Mugen block of heat which I intend to install , but I do not have the parts to hold it in place.
Especially the one marked with yellow in the bellow pictures
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4iw1f5iwpr10jkj/C-PC63qPLX

I still don't understand how exactly is it that "U shape" (if I can call it like that), holds the heat shield in place. I mention the heat shiled does not have any holes there .
Can someone explain me how exactly is it working ?

PS> ****** I've sent you a PM some time ago

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok but it needs two points to fix it, otherwise it might move and rattle.
Are there any holes disc there as it looks like that piece of "U shape " is holded by two screws?

Can you describe how is it fixed down there and describe that piece that holds it down there, as I is not clear for me from the pictures how exactly is it made... ?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ok I'll try :) but if you can give me some hints please do :)

Did you have to drill anything down there ? Again, do you remember how did you fit that small "U shape" piece down there , it seem to have two screws on it (that's why I've asked about drilling)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Man your words are expensive :)
I just want to be prepared to have everything before attempting to remove the front bumper, I don't want to do it twice.
Can you PLEASE explain how that little piece is made to hold the plate down there.
Do you have to make any holes?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.