Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Acura Fan & Rookie
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this is my 2nd post ever...so forgive me if any of this comes off as stupid:

I'm not going to be making a purchase anytime soon, but eventually i was planning on getting a body kit for my TSX. The only 2 i've seen are the Mugen Aero kit, and the one that Acura has that you can purchase through them. I like the appearance of the Mugen one more, but the whole installation/painting part of the deal is what worries me.

I was wondering what y'all thought; should i go for the Acura one since it'll come color-matched and i can just have them install it at the dealership? Or should i go for the Mugen regardless?

Keep in mind i'm not a big car guy...i don't do mods and such on my own, and now that i finally have the Acura i've always wanted, i'm definetly not going to trust myself :)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Buy the Acura one IMO. The Mugen one is also fibreglass, it won't be able to withstand daily driving as well as the OEM kit. And like you said, you aren't gonna meddle much with the car.

·
Acura Fan & Rookie
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noel said:
Buy the Acura one IMO. The Mugen one is also fibreglass, it won't be able to withstand daily driving as well as the OEM kit. And like you said, you aren't gonna meddle much with the car.
Schweeet. Thanks for the help!

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
Noel said:
what do u mean by "it won't be able to withstand daily driving as well".
This is wrong if u say this based on it is being made with fibreglass. (and it is not fibreglass in the 1st place)
1st, the half kit is not fibreglass, they are PPE.
and the bumper is not fibreglass either, it is carbon fiber reinforced plastic.
Although the front bumper is not PPE, the material is high quality and as flexible as the factory bumper. It is for sure not those cheap fibreglass replica bumper u have seen on the market.

·
Registered
180 Posts
KaLiBLeek,

You should also consider the EuroR body kit which is the factory body kit available in Europe and Japan. IMO, it looks a bit cleaner and less boy-racerish than the US OEM body kit. It also comes pre-painted from the factory.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Sazabi, my bad ... You're right, the Mugen bodykit is not fibreglass except the rear boot spoiler.

What was I thinking, sorry.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
np man. that's what I thought too before getting the bumper. always afraid I would just break it... but I scratch it a few times already and it is still looking good, lol :p

very flexible, not gonna break that easy...

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
if u are not the guy dat do much mods..
just get the OEM one...

·
Acura Fan & Rookie
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AlterZgo said:
KaLiBLeek,

You should also consider the EuroR body kit which is the factory body kit available in Europe and Japan. IMO, it looks a bit cleaner and less boy-racerish than the US OEM body kit. It also comes pre-painted from the factory.
hmmm, i don't think i've seen any photos of it...do any of y'all have a link to some pictures of that kit??

·
Registered
180 Posts
KaLiBLeeK said:
hmmm, i don't think i've seen any photos of it...do any of y'all have a link to some pictures of that kit??
Here's a link to where you can buy the kit. It's about $1,330. More expensive than the OEM kit, but cheaper than the Mugen. IMO, it's a less ricey look, more in tune with the Acura flavor:

http://www.boomplustoys.net/jdm_accord.shtml

Scroll down to "JDM Honda Euro-R Body Kit" and click on the individual pictures of the white TSX.

·
Acura Fan & Rookie
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
AlterZgo said:
Here's a link to where you can buy the kit. It's about $1,330. More expensive than the OEM kit, but cheaper than the Mugen. IMO, it's a less ricey look, more in tune with the Acura flavor:

http://www.boomplustoys.net/jdm_accord.shtml

Scroll down to "JDM Honda Euro-R Body Kit" and click on the individual pictures of the white TSX.
awesome, thanks for the link!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts