Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it be okay to just install it with only using the tape?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
why not just install it the correct way?

maybe they'll hold with just tape, but imagine how easy it would be to steal them.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
would these window visors actually reduce wind noise and increase fuel efficiency? or are those just myths..

I have read online the reason it increase fuel efficiency is cause you can open the window instead of turning on A/C.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
No it doesn't reduce wind noise nor increase fuel efficiency.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
No it doesn't reduce wind noise nor increase fuel efficiency.
haha i expected as much.......but i have been looming around other forums to read others opinion, some stand by those benefits haha

taken from Weathertech.com
Maximize your fresh air enjoyment.
Optically transparent.
OEM quality.
Sleek aerodynamic styling.
Reduces wind noise.
Installs inside the window channel.
No unsightly exterior tape.
Minimizes interior heat when parked.
Helps keep side windows dry in the rain

wouldn't that be false advertising :p

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Hmm now that I think about it, it does reduces wind noise if you keep the windows above the visors. But definitely doesn't reduce anything if you have the window all the way down.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
I think it would be good to have if you smoked in the car too. fortunately i dont smoke

·
Registered
137 Posts
The only way it could improve fuel efficiency is if it reduced the drag caused by door and window seams, or for example, with open windows traveling at freeway speeds. But really that's a marginal economy gain at best, I doubt you'd ever even make the money back over the life of the car.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,290 Posts
only reason i'd get em is for looks and to crack a window when it rains
Or when it's hot out. That's the only thing they're good for imo. I had 3M ones and JDM ones with the clips on my other car and I wouldn't use them again. One of them broke off and flew away when I was going about 80 mph this one time. I had to remove them all at that point. Plus, washing the car was more of a pain with visors, sunroof including. Getting underneath them and whatnot. The part of the window the visor covered was always dirty too. Just simpler and cleaner not having them in my opinion.

Functionality aside, if it's part of a Mugen theme, then go for it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im having a hard time installing the visors.I just added black vinyl on to the chrome and i dont wanna mess up. Does anyone know a shop in sf that can install the visors and for a good price?

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
I say just do it yourself, I was in the same shoes as you when I got the visors. I was looking for a shop to do it for me, but I realized its a waste of money paying someone when you could do it yourself. When it comes to installing parts on my car I never trust myself, but for something simple might as well give it a try and learn.

If I was near you I'd be happy to help you install it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I say just do it yourself, I was in the same shoes as you when I got the visors. I was looking for a shop to do it for me, but I realized its a waste of money paying someone when you could do it yourself. When it comes to installing parts on my car I never trust myself, but for something simple might as well give it a try and learn.

If I was near you I'd be happy to help you install it.
thnks i wish there was a video showing how to install there visors. It would be very helpful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts