Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone use this for this music primarily? i currently do bluetooth through my phone but feel multiple DSP on the car and phone is affecting the audio quality as well it being bluetooth.

was thinking about getting a cheap portable hard drive to throw all my music on and put in the console. thoughts? experiences?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have used the USB plug to play my iPod and a 32gb USB full of music. The USB takes a bit to load, but once it gets going it is nice.
Haven't used bt streaming, so I am unable to help in any comparison there.

I haven't tried my 256gb yet, so I am not sure if there is a limit to what it can read.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
if you go the hard drive route, you'll want a drive that has a solid state drive or flash memory. If you get a regular spinning drive (i.e. external hard drive), the bumps and such from driving will eventually kill the drive.

·
Registered
550 Posts
It degrades some imo also. I try not to stream via BT if I plan on some calls. I'll use xm or itouch that is plugged into USB in center console.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use the USB for all my music. I tried BT audio but it did not sound as good as the USB (same digital track back to back).

I use a 64 GB USB flash drive it takes a few seconds to load the first time you plug it in but that's it.

What I have learned is that it doesn't display the folders alphabetically, but by when the folder was loaded to the USB.

For example if I load a bunch of folder all at once to the USB whichever folder ends up finishing copying first will the displayed as folder 1 in the TSX, So if you want to have them alphabetical you need to load them to the USB one at a time.

Same goes if you want to add a new folder, it will end up being the last folder on the list.

Another FYI the TSX can only handle 700 folders on a USB and 65,535 files (according to the owners manual).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.