Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2006 Acura TSX "Latin Stance" Update 10/1/13

***UPDATE ON PAGE 3 10/1/2013*** Forgot how to update thread title haha but the new info and pictures are up.

So I have been trolling this forum for about a year and now I want to add my contribution to the forum. I bought a 2006 Acura TSX 6 speed with Navi back in October of 2011 with about 88k. Immediately I began research and started to kind of choose what route I wanted to go in. At the time I was getting more and more into the stance game so after many pictures and many inspirations (Pat_jo and wtfuxCL9) I was set on stancing the car.

So on to pictures. Here are some from when I first bought it:

Most of you already know what a TSX looks like haha.
Soon after driving home I realized I was getting that dreaded vibration from warped rotors so the first thing I did was purchase a set of R1concept drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk HP pads:

Then I was ready to be closer to the ground so I picked up a set of Form and Function Type 2 coilovers:

After install:

Coilovers came out awesome. Easy installation and easily adjustable. I was very impressed.

So after this I was now in the market for a set of wheels. I looked through a lot of different brands but everything I wanted was on back order. I fell upon TSW and ended up ordering a set of 18x9.5 +40 all around TSX Carthage wheels. Pics:

No fitment issues what so ever:

I felt like I was still at monster truck status so I turned the coilovers a little more and went lower:

Added my "Latin Stance" sticker and was done for a bit:

I went to Import Alliance earlier this year in April and quite a few ppl spotted me:

Some edited pics:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Continued

But after only owning the wheels for about 4 months I was extremly ready to move on. I have learned enough with these wheels that I felt I was prepared to move on to something nicer, wider, more aggresive, more....crazy I guess. So the wheels were sold literally 2 days after Import Alliance:

I dont have any pictures but while I was awaiting wheel selection I ordered and installed a set of Skunk2 camber arms for the front and Wicked camber kit for the rear. I would definitly need these :)

And after much research I ordered a set of wheels. This time I ordered wheels I never thought I would be running on a TSX. Everyone around me thinks I am absolutely crazy, but I beg to differ :)

Lets just say I ordered my wheels in May and after almost 5 months of rolling on stock wheels and waiting, they finally arrived.

Work Equip
18x10.5 +18 front
18x11 +23 rear

The plan was to be the first to run 11's on the forum since the widest I had seen on here was 18x10.5 all around, but since I have ordered these I believe someone beat me too it but I havent been able to find the thread again. Either way I am happy that with a TSX I am going to put some 240's to shame :laugh:

I dont have a lot of pics yet so here are some teasers:

I work at Discount Tire so I stretch my own tires

More to come guys!! Got a lot of parts already on the car just not pictured yet! Heres a list:

Euro R front lip
Euro R Front grill
Debadged trunk and added Honda emblem
Mugen style window visors
Wicked Camber kit
Skunk2 front camber arms

And lots of parts still need to be ordered and installed. All depends on my cash flow. I will keep you guys posted!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE:

Yea if you didnt guess it already i'm having some issues with the fitment. I got my rear camber kit in, added more camber to clear the fenders, and now I rub against the coilover. Going to do some more work tomorrow and see what I can do. Pics with install will be coming as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok so I got a little excited and didnt take many pics but here are some updates so far.

Heres a pic of my Wicked camber kit installed. It took me a while only because there is so little room for your hands:

So while doing fender work the Left Rear quater panel gave me the worst time ever! The previous owner was hit on the driver side of the car so this quarter panel was full of bondo which doesnt cooperate with the fender roller. It cause the paint to chip and the metal to wrinkle so now it looks pretty bad. I am the type of person that will not leave nasty imperfections on my car like that so I already got a quote for getting it fixed and should be done hopefully in less than a month. I will post before and after pictures. For now I took some pics of the car in the process of fender work:

Even though the fender work helped a lot the rear was still rubbing in all kinds of places. My main rubbing noise was coming from contact between my wheel lip and quarter panel. So I took a grinder and shaved the spots that rubbed the most. I then spray painted the whole inside fender to prevent rust from building up. I sort of regret this but it's a part of the game I guess lol

So as of yesterday my wheels are finally on!! Only got a couple cell phone pics right now but I am talking to my friend about a photoshoot to have some legit photos. So here goes :) 18x10.5 front 18x11 rear on a TSX!

Heres a shot showing off the front end

and a teaser of the fitment:

A LOT still has to be done. The ride height is a little uneven so it needs to be adjusted. I am no longer happy with the form and functions since I am officially maxed out in the front (and I REALLY want to lower the front just a little more) and I have one knocking already and its only been about 12,000 miles since I installed them so a new suspension set-up is being added to my wish list. I am trying to decide between D2, Ksport, or Buddy Clubs. Let me know what you guys think of the car and what my next suspension set-up should be!?

·
David Path
1,650 Posts
Damn, that is some aggressive size in the rear! Looking great. I'm on Buddy Club. I love it. I'm not slammed, but I can go lower.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn, that is some aggressive size in the rear! Looking great. I'm on Buddy Club. I love it. I'm not slammed, but I can go lower.
Im scared of the Buddy Club's though. I cant remember wear I saw this on the forum but there was a thread talking about these coilovers and those that were slammed complained about them being too soft. But I know they do go low.

Then the D2's i'm scared that they wont go low. I got a friend with them and they are pretty much the opposite of the form and function, meaning they max out in the rear earlier than I would like too instead of the front.

Then I look at wtfuxCL9 and his car was slammed!! He was on ksports but I havent gotten around to asking him how the ride quality was and if they bottomed out a lot. Right now I bottom out just about everywhere I go lol.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Im scared of the Buddy Club's though. I cant remember wear I saw this on the forum but there was a thread talking about these coilovers and those that were slammed complained about them being too soft. But I know they do go low.

Then the D2's i'm scared that they wont go low. I got a friend with them and they are pretty much the opposite of the form and function, meaning they max out in the rear earlier than I would like too instead of the front.

Then I look at wtfuxCL9 and his car was slammed!! He was on ksports but I havent gotten around to asking him how the ride quality was and if they bottomed out a lot. Right now I bottom out just about everywhere I go lol.
Are u sure ur bottoming out? Most likely ur upper control arm is hitting ur shock tower. Most ppl confuse the 2. I have f&f's with skunk 2 uca's also so i know how it feels.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.