Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I remember when I was about to purchase my Accord Euro I was cautioned by some members here about wearing the car in and not accelerating too hard before I hit 1000k's and not to engage the Vtec! Well it is here, I just rolled past 1000k's so does this mean I can now really plant my foot rather than taking off conservatively? :) I have never let the revs go past 5K and have been carefull while braking, so does this mean the car is officially worn in?!

Quick update on what I think of her, she is still as quiet as ever, the handling is actually improving as the components wear in! She has also been getting a fair few glances and compliments too, infact my fiances work colleague's wife has decided to go and buy a Euro based on what my Fiance has told her !

Oh I also took the car for its first wash too which was long overdue, I took it through one of those self service car cleaning lots because we have water restrictions here in Australia at the moment and we arn't allowed to clean our cars at home :( Still it came up pretty well, and she is shining like new again, well it IS still new I guess ;) I did get my first scratch though, anyone have some spare touch-up paint? :p

I am still infatuated with my Euro and can't wait to share my continuing experiences with you guys, I might even take some 1000 K snapshots to commemorate the milestone :D
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
I remember when I was about to purchase my Accord Euro I was cautioned by some members here about wearing the car in and not accelerating too hard before I hit 1000k's and not to engage the Vtec! Well it is here, I just rolled past 1000k's so does this mean I can now really plant my foot rather than taking off conservatively? :) I have never let the revs go past 5 and have been carefull while braking, so does this mean the car is officially worn in?!

Quick update on what I think of her, she is still as quiet as ever, the handling is actually improving as the components wear in! She has also been getting a fair few glances and compliments too, infact my fiances work colleague's wife has decided to go and buy a Euro based on what my Fiance has told her !

Oh I also took the car for its first wash too which was long overdue, I took it through one of those self service car cleaning lots because we have water restrictions here in Australia at the moment and we arn't allowed to clean our cars at home :( Still it came up pretty well, and she is shining like new again, well it is still new ;) I did get my first scratch though, anyone have some spare touch-up paint? :p

I am still infatuated in my Euro and can't wait to share my continuing experiences with you guys, I might even take some 1000 K snapshots to commemorate the milestone :D
Congratulations! Yes, now you can let 'er rip. :nod:
Although if it was me, I'd still be gradual in increasing what I ask the car to do. But I'm sure you don't have to.

About the handling getting better and better.....it seems everybody notices different things about what happens with break-in. The main thing I noticed was that the braking improved. And not just during break-in but for quite some time thereafter -- the braking seemed to keep getting better. It was only "OK" at first; now I'd have to say it's very, very good.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
Congrats on going though the break-in period smoothly. The braking usually improves and so does the fuel economy and such. A car usually adjusts and learns according to your driving style. I think its time to experience VTEC!:nod:
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,660 Posts
Congrats on the break in!!
As Larch said, bring up the RPM's gradually.. do not just bring her right up to red line.
That is a bummer that you cannot wash your car at home, as I take pride in keeping my baby clean myself :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2004_Acura_TSX said:
Congrats on going though the break-in period smoothly. The braking usually improves and so does the fuel economy and such. A car usually adjusts and learns according to your driving style. I think its time to experience VTEC!:nod:
Thanks, no major issues so far and no crashes :D What exactly IS the Vtec experience, is it like a performance boost or is it just quicker acceleration?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joker said:
Congrats on the break in!!
As Larch said, bring up the RPM's gradually.. do not just bring her right up to red line.
That is a bummer that you cannot wash your car at home, as I take pride in keeping my baby clean myself :D
I won't push her too hard I promise ;) Yeah our water restrictions suck, but we can blame that on a really tough summer and drought, even though it is Winter here now we haven't had a huge amount of rain like we normally would, it has mainly just been cloudy and cold. It is simple, if enough rain doesn't find the water catchments then there isn't enough water to go around and throwing it over a car isn't considered legal ;) (Who needs to bathe and drink as long as my Euro is clean does anything else really matter? :D ;) )
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
Put the car into tiptronic mode, accelerate all the way to redline before shifting up manually. You'll feel the VTEC engagement when it kicks in at 5500 RPMs all the way to redline/fuelcut. If you constantly drive like that, I'd highly recommend you to service your car at every 5000 KMs instead of the listed 10000 KMs. All else time to enjoy and learn what this car can truly do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CL9 K24a said:
Put the car into tiptronic mode, accelerate all the way to redline before shifting up manually. You'll feel the VTEC engagement when it kicks in at 5500 RPMs all the way to redline/fuelcut. If you constantly drive like that, I'd highly recommend you to service your car at every 5000 KMs instead of the listed 10000 KMs. All else time to enjoy and learn what this car can truly do.
I wouldn't drive like that all of the time, I just would like to experience it once at least, or maybe twice, who knows I might need to accelerate like that at times under normal driving conditions!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CL9 K24a said:
Don't worry, you'll love it. I hit 200KM/H all the time, at least once a day.
How does the Euro feel at 200 K's? :eek: I haven't been past 135 but it didn't even feel like I was moving! I heard the top speed is 230k's but I don't think I will be trying to go that fast ;) Well I could but then I would have to wait months to get my License back when I am booked !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
larchmont said:
Well actually I thought the
meant he was kidding.....
Well he did say every day which I knew was a joke, but I was thinking that he may have been to 200k's at least once, maybe he wasn't totally exagerating? :)
 

·
, Administrator Emeritus
Joined
·
4,123 Posts
Actually I do hit 200KM/H everyday on the motorway, usually it's at night on the way home. No BS, I don't BS. 4th gear redline. :p

This car has no problems with high speed, it's comfortable doing such speed. Fuel economy's good too at speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
CL9 K24a said:
Actually I do hit 200KM/H everyday on the motorway, usually it's at night on the way home. No BS, I don't BS. 4th gear redline. :p

This car has no problems with high speed, it's comfortable doing such speed. Fuel economy's good too at speed.
Cool :D So it handles well at that sort of speed? Just curious, I would be too scared to try it myself ;)
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
I've been up to 110 mph (just briefly), which is 177 km/h. The car felt totally stable but made more noise than I like. :D
But then again our driving enthusiasts have tended to complain that the TSX doesn't make enough noise. :nod:
Also the main thing was I started getting really worried about "the fuzz."

BTW in school we were taught that the conversion factor from miles to km is about 5/8.
I always thought that was only a rough approximation and that it was pretty far off, but actually it's very close, less than 1% off.
5/8 is 0.625, the precise figure for the conversion is 0.621. :ikno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
larchmont said:
I've been up to 110 mph (just briefly), which is 177 km/h. The car felt totally stable but made more noise than I like. :D
But then again our driving enthusiasts have tended to complain that the TSX doesn't make enough noise. :nod:
Also the main thing was I started getting really worried about "the fuzz."

BTW in school we were taught that the conversion factor from miles to km is about 5/8.
I always thought that was only a rough approximation and that it was pretty far off, but actually it's very close, less than 1% off.
5/8 is 0.625, the precise figure for the conversion is 0.621. :ikno:
Thankyou very much kind and learned sir ;) So 200k's would be how many Miles then?
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
Thankyou very much kind and learned sir ;) So 200k's would be how many Miles then?
Sorry -- I actually meant to say that, but I forgot! :smacks self in head:

200 km/h - 124 mph
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
larchmont said:
Sorry -- I actually meant to say that, but I forgot! :smacks self in head:

200 km/h - 124 mph
Oh ok cool, so has anyone here been up to 124 mph before with their TSX/Euro?
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
Thorn2004 said:
Oh ok cool, so has anyone here been up to 124 mph before with their TSX/Euro?
The fastest I got my TSX upto was 113mph, but I had to slow down since I was getting into a congested area.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top