Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
DJFuzze
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little intro...
I've only had my 2008 Acura TSX for less than a month! I bought it CPO from Acura so it still has ****ing dealer plates, it's only 30,000 miles young.

Last Night i leave "The Spot," a Hookah Lounge in Encino to drive back to my house in the Hollywood Hills. A Infiniti FX35 is driving closely behind me almost the whole time. When i get off the freeway they follow (even after i purposely cut from the fast lane to the exit ramp (6 lanes) in a period of seconds because i started to feel weary of the car tailing me.

I get off the freeway, pull up to a light and 3 HUUUGEE Armenian ****s get out of the car. They try to run up on my car, i bail. They follow again, i make a bad idea of a U Turn after a small chase and they get my pinned down. 2 Guys get out and try to pull me out of the car. while another tries to weasel his way into the back seat. Doors Locked HORN HONKING, pull they keys. Set off the alarm. A girl drives up behind and starts taking pictures. They grab her and try to pull her out of her 1990's daewoo.

Eventually the guys realize that the girl has pepper spray. 2 of them go down, and shuffle back to their infiniti, another one runs for his life up the street. Cops came 15 minutes later with a helicopter, no one caught, they tell me and the girl there's no point in filling out a report. Be glad no one was hurt, go home and be careful on the roads!

WTF LAPD!

Thank god my car is alright, except for the dirty armo hand prints all over it and the smell of cheap cologne in my back seat.

On a serious note though. How can i protect myself in my car without braking the law. I don't believe in guns, and i think pepper spray is for chicks who walk down dark alleys. Any other LEGAL ideas?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts

on a more serious note, glad you're safe and I'd just carry pepper spray in the car if that ever happens again. I'd rather be a feminine guy with pepper spray, than a manly guy who gets his ass beat and car stolen.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Holy shit. Glad you're OK. I would love to put my .45 that I carry to use in that situation.

IDK, I would just go with a gun; short, sweet, and to the point.

Maybe you could get a nice taser, not one of the ones that makes a lot of noise, but one that shoots prongs. That only leaves you with one shot though. On second though, I think a .45 would do just nicely.

·
....its fate....
1,276 Posts
Glad you were OK. Damn that is crazy SHIT!!

·
Addicted
322 Posts
Wow, what a story. I felt scared for your life as I was READING this! like tekneek said, glad you are ok, but seriously man I wouldnt have stopped, even if it meant running someone over or hitting another car. I never assume someone doesnt have a gun, or other means of deadly force, and I NEVER want to stick around and find out. I guess for me, at a certain point, my life becomes more important than following the law.

maybe invest in a taser? or start believing in guns? ;)

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
did you get a glance at the license plate?... but then again it was probably stolen ...thats why when i think im gettin followed i keep driving till i see a precent just incase....goodluck

·
White.on.White
727 Posts
Wow the LAPD wouldn't take reports? Doesn't the girl's pictures count as anything? :squint: Carry a huge wrench or a hammer inside your car, it might help.

·
, Moderator, Performance
2,513 Posts
tire iron :) i keep her close at hand for times like that. Other wise theres not much, maybe a bat lol. glad your safe, same thing happened to me only my car ended up like this:

Luckily i was ok and i bought a tsx after it:p but the on thing ive learned is just keep driving and call the cops, go somewhere with cameras (bank, nice resturant etc.) and dont drive like a nut:/

Hopefully it wont happen to you again!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
Damn thats crazy, I expected to hear a story about you coming back to your car and catching the thieves in the act, not being chased and nearly physically removed from your car.

If you don't want a gun you could always drive around with one of these in your back seat...

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
The fuk. One of a kind story on this board. I would try to go to a busy intersection if that happened to me. But then again it could be miles away. My back up plan would floor the pedal and hopefully a cop would get my speed reading and come to my "rescue." Since you saw three guys getting out of their car and heading towards you, I think speeding COULD be used as a self defense (I'm just pulling this out of my ass, honestly). But I'd speed any ways and deal with the law after I deal with my life.

But Wow dude I think you had a guardian angel because those guys wanted what they were after.

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
damn, that's close to home...Those guys probably pay for their benzes and bimmers by stealing other cars.

Some Armenian gangsters tried hitting up my friends while they were getting out of the gym in Glendale. Asked them where they were from multiple times. Finally, my friends pulled out their guns and badges and said, "LAPD, get on the floor". I wish they could've been there for you in your situation.

I carry a maglite in my car and misc tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, and so on. I don't think it's legal to carry a concealed weapon in the car. Can someone enlighten me?

·
pedal damn it
2,876 Posts
did you get a glance at the license plate?... but then again it was probably stolen ...thats why when i think im gettin followed i keep driving till i see a precent just incase....goodluck
^^^ I believe what u meant to say was PRECINCT . And I fully agree with this instead of trying to dart away and get into a high speed chase that could end in disaster. What's done is done and glad to hear ur ok, but I always tell my lil bros not to lead them home and to drive to the nearest cop station. Works every time.

·
What to put here?
1,991 Posts
That's a crazy story. Glad to read you're ok. Good thing you didn't go home. Otherwise they will know where you live.

+1 on the pepper spray. It worked for the girl that saved you. And drive straight for the police station.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
^^^ I believe what u meant to say was PRECINCT . And I fully agree with this instead of trying to dart away and get into a high speed chase that could end in disaster. What's done is done and glad to hear ur ok, but I always tell my lil bros not to lead them home and to drive to the nearest cop station. Works every time.
I think that's a better idea than my high speed getaway :D

But for those with navigation, you can hit the voice command and say "Find nearest police station"

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,896 Posts
but I always tell my lil bros not to lead them home and to drive to the nearest cop station. Works every time.
That's probably your best option. Back in the 70s my dad had some crazy guy that just got back from Vietnam chasing him in his camaro. The guy was throwing beer bottles out his truck window, then he jumped out at a stop light and started stabbing my dads convertible top with a knife. The guy followed him all the way to the police station then took off but was arrested shortly after

1 - 20 of 76 Posts