Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 16 000 km service done at my acura dealer and since then my front brakes groan just before the wheels come to a stop. This did not happen prior to the check up. Weird thing is, when I creep and slow the car down again to a stop, brakes don't groan. Anyway I can fix this at home without bringing it in again?

Thanks

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
hmmm... I say bring it in again... Brakes are one thing I will never mess around with...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
As above, however note that if you've recently washed your rotors ... It may make noises until it's completely dried off. That can take a few good hours, sometimes overnight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just realized there are white dots on the brake pads that are visible on the outside. Should these white dots be on the top or the bottom? I looked at the picture that I took when I first brought my TSX home and it shows it on the top (front drivers side brake). Could someone who have never had their brakes inspected check this for me? I have a feeling my dealer put the pads in wrong and this is what's causing the groan noise.

Also, what's a liner? Is there a component in the brake system that is used to eliminate vibrations?

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
HHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....
Noel, how was the vodka??
?

:eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.