Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm a new member on here and posted in the new member section already. I purchased a 04 tsx Nav 6-speed manual with 71 k miles, and everything seemed fine. But now the check engine light is on throwing codes P0420 Catalyst efficiency, P0442, P0440, and P0456 Evap system leak. Does anyone know what these are, whats causing it and how it can be fixed?

The wiper washer motor is shot and needs to be replaced and is that an easy fix?

And finally its a 6-speed manual could possibly have an issue with the transmission or clutch. For some reason at certain speeds/ RPM's it goes into mainly 4th gear hard and sometimes 3rd hard. It does not go into gear all the way and with a little force be pushed into gear. Also when stopped sometimes it will not go into reverse and grinds. I did not notice these things when I purchased it and I know how to drive stick. I am beginning to wonder if I have some major issues starting to develop or is this something that could have been already there before I bought it 20 or so days ago. I'm not sure if it is the clutch or transmission. The shop that I took it to said they would have to be separated to find out the problem. I still am under the 90 day 3,000 mile New York State Lemon law that says it covers the transmission case, internal parts, and the torque converter, so hopefully I can get it fixed. I just have to figure out what the problem is.

-Corey

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Sounds like your having some bad luck so far!!! I hope everything turns around!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Take it back to where you purchased it and have them witness the issues your having and it should be fixed under their warranty policy. Hopefully everything works out for you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Take it back to where you purchased it and have them witness the issues your having and it should be fixed under their warranty policy. Hopefully everything works out for you.
Do exactly this. Hope you bought it from a dealership that is. At least in this case.

·
Registered
2004 Acura tsx (manual)
6 Posts
Hi everyone I'm a new member on here and posted in the new member section already. I purchased a 04 tsx Nav 6-speed manual with 71 k miles, and everything seemed fine. But now the check engine light is on throwing codes P0420 Catalyst efficiency, P0442, P0440, and P0456 Evap system leak. Does anyone know what these are, whats causing it and how it can be fixed?

The wiper washer motor is shot and needs to be replaced and is that an easy fix?

And finally its a 6-speed manual could possibly have an issue with the transmission or clutch. For some reason at certain speeds/ RPM's it goes into mainly 4th gear hard and sometimes 3rd hard. It does not go into gear all the way and with a little force be pushed into gear. Also when stopped sometimes it will not go into reverse and grinds. I did not notice these things when I purchased it and I know how to drive stick. I am beginning to wonder if I have some major issues starting to develop or is this something that could have been already there before I bought it 20 or so days ago. I'm not sure if it is the clutch or transmission. The shop that I took it to said they would have to be separated to find out the problem. I still am under the 90 day 3,000 mile New York State Lemon law that says it covers the transmission case, internal parts, and the torque converter, so hopefully I can get it fixed. I just have to figure out what the problem is.

-Corey
Dude. I am having the same problems with my car and the clutch now smh. I replaced the clutch which helped cause the pressure plate was messed up but now it's happening again and I think it's the synchronizers....
What did u do to fix?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts