Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone
I’m having trouble figuring out why my Acura TSX 2006 won’t shut off when I turn the key to the off position. I’ve tested the ignition switch by unplugging it. And it stays on I’ve read should the car shut off it’s the ignition switch that needs to be replaced. Then I’ve read that I need to replace my main relay from the MITSUBA to DENSO mitsuba supposedly had a recall. Something about the car is not sending the signal to the fuel pump to shut off nor to the battery. I can take out the key and lock my doors walk into the restore while my car is still running, come back to my car open it with my key turn to on position and drive. When I take out the key I can’t shift out of park, it locks and my radio won’t work nor my ac. Has anyone ran into this issue and what did u do? I had to pick up my car from the shop because they tried saying oh we don’t know it’s an Acura and those cars are difficult to figure out. I do a lot of work on my cars on my own so if anyone can help please give me some advice, thank you

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'll look at my shop manual today to see how the ignition switch and the relays are wired.

Your owner's manual shows where all the relays are, you could try swapping out the fuel pump relay with a new one. Or if you have a multi-meter and some wire you could pull the relay out and test it to see if the contacts are open when it has no power... you can also use 12v power from the battery to test the solenoid function.

Also if you see an identical relay for the headlights, brakelights, etc you could try swapping that into the fuel pump relay slot, just be sure it's identical (there are usually several large relays of the same type in most cars).

·
Registered
170 Posts
The relay is under a kick panel next to the driver's left foot (by the fuel door release). You'd have to take that apart to get to it but if it were me I'd do that and buy a new relay. It really sounds like a sticking relay.

Attached is a pic of the relay panel, Relay "A" is the one

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts