Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone

this will basically be my first dive into anything else but a nissan.
i have owned 2 maximas. a 91 and a 99.

currently im on the look out for a new ride i look extreamly early.
all i can say is wow. this car was accually the only one that jumped out at me and said this is your new car at the LA auto show.

i am also all to fimiliar with the after market support and versatillity of honda/acura products. hmmmm TSX is basically top of the list for me.

im just chimming in and saying whats up to everyone. i will be a potential full time member of this comunity. currently i am on maxima.org all the time.

well just wanted to say high and how pleased i am that there is a car made in my price range that has the potential to take me away from the nissan's.

frank
jdmmax:D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
wow same as me lol.. i been in to maximas for almost 3 years :D .. since nissan has changed its 4th gen shape i have switched over to hondas/acuras myself here is a pic of my max :D i have done alot of mods to it but kinda stopped and decided to move on to a new car :(

anyways welcome to the site hope to become good friends in the future.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
wow that looks hot
imagine what you can do with a tsx if you spand as much money on it as you did on your maxima;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes many are going to Hondas, but many are actually going to Audis, BMWs, and Lexus's. There are some people who are trying to find older Maximas too.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
from maximas to bimmers is a nice change bimmers are expensive but worth every penny if u get the right one like the M3 or M5 :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also have owned 3 Nissans, 3 Honda (Civic and Accords) and currently own a 2000 Acura 3.2TL and I love it!! It has been the best car I have owned thus far. It has so many features that I would never have purchased because it would make the car unaffordable (like leather seats, moon roof etc.). I have had excellent service from the Acura dealership and would highly recommend Acura to anyone considering it. Actually I am thinking of trading in my 3.2 TL for the new TSX looks a little sportier and I prefer a manual transmission (not available on the TL, but it does have the sport shift). Good luck if you get the TSX.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
i've always been into honda... accords all the way.. but now... the with tsx i just can't help but recognize :p

welcome all of you to the honda/acura world

·
Registered
25 Posts
accords all the way
I might be a convert after all. Well, not really, because I have been there for the last 3 years!

I went into a Honda dealer today just to take a look at the Accord Coupe EX (with Leather). I was very impressed. Given that my '01 CL-S lease is up in a couple of months (5 to be exact), the Accord Coupe is right now on my short list of next cars.

I really want to like the the TSX but the more I look at it, the blander it becomes. Perhaps if you throw on some ground effects and a spoiler, it wouldn't be so bad. Then again, there's the 4 cyl to be concerned about. Coming from a smooth 260hp 6 cyl, I don't care what you say about how much hp the TSX has, it is still no comparison.

I am wondering if by the time I am ready to purchase, Acura will have out the new TL style.

Cheers!

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
I drool for the 2003 Accord EX V6 6spd manual. The styling of the car is boring. Excited about the first 6spd manual accords. Some minor ground effects, some alloys, tints, headlight/tailight conversions, and other cosmetic work will take care of that. The performance on the car is really breaking new ground. It's still not the TL and CL Type-Ss but accords can now flex some muscle. The V6s in all those cars are really nice(not to mention the V6 in the NSX), but honda/acura got to where it is today because of their 4 bangers. The S2000 is fitted with the four banger of the year for two years straight and kicks all the above's arsses.
The supercharged S2000 vs. the NSX is what I would like to see. If done right forced induction(technology) will surpass straight displacement. I love Mustangs- but a 5.0L V8 throwing whatever hp and torque on its tires- no thanks.
I'll say it again- The Type-S is what the TSX longs for. Added hp to the already high reving TSX might not make the TSX as smooth or quiet as its V6 counterparts, but I've heard that the TSX 6sp manual is smooth and uniform accelerator for it being an I4.
Does anyone have definite 0-60 times for the 2003 Accord EX V6 6 spd manual and TSX 6sp manual.
What I've heard: Accord- 6.2-7.1 sec
TSX- 6.6-7.2 sec
The 6.2 seems to fast for the Accord and 6.6 doesn't sit well with me. The 6.2 is really close to the TL Type-Ss and the 6.6 is more like the RSX Type-S (if I'm not mistaken on both acounts).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts