Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went and got the car fully dyno tuned yesterday :festive:

the max i saw on the screen was 259.7hp !

final run was

258.2 bhp
206.5 lbft

:festive: PARTAY! im more than happy with how its turned out. it just pulls so hard! the difference before and after the tune are night and day its just awesome now.

so the mod list, its in my sig but here it is anyway.

custom 3" cold air intake with K&N
J35 64mm throttle body
RRC intake manifold
P2R thermal intake manifold and throttle body gaskets
06+ TSX intake camshaft
pinned 40* degree VTC gear
WeaponR exhaust manifold
200 cell high flow cat
skunk2 cat back.

this is all on UKDM K24A3 :)

:king:

if it was de cat it would have made more! :)

i was expecting to have a low torque band at low revs but that RRC really makes up for that along with the vtc gear, the torque low down is just immense!! id like to think my custom intake has helped with this too but id have no idea without a before and after dyno of the intake.

bhp is red line
torque is blue line
the yellow line along the bottom is the fuelling.

heres a better picture of the printout

heres a video my mate stuck together.
Kanes CL9 Mapping Day - YouTube

·
Registered
709 Posts
Very nice results. Is your vtec cross over point round 3800 rpm now with the new VTC?
Who tuned your car? (TDI North, CPL or others?)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice results. Is your vtec cross over point round 3800 rpm now with the new VTC?
Who tuned your car? (TDI North, CPL or others?)
VTEC crossover is set at 3600 i think, i cant 100% remember. it might have been a little lower.

it was tuned by paul at TDI North in the UK :)

all the DBW lag is all gone now too and the kangaroo starts are gone now too.

just ultra smooth :)

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
very nice! congratz! I plan to do something very similar very soon!

·
Registered
862 Posts
take a look at your calibration or log to see where your vtec is actually kicking in. not shure its 3600, thats kinda low even for stock cams, i can bet 20 bucks its more like 5500 due to your hp and tq starts to fall and up again. ive helped to assemble and tune few diff setups on 06 cams and usually 06 cam have 4600-5200 rpm vtec point , its depends on manifolds, even when i tried well breathing rrc, any point below 4000 caused a huge dip , not gain.

Btw, now you have real Honda, like it must be out of the factory )) im glad you finally did it and you like how it moves now ! sad to see everything is falling after 7500 k rpm, this engine can do much mo and need better cams ! go st2 and you can rev it 8+k and gain about 20 more hp.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Great numbers

·
Registered
709 Posts
@littlebo he changed the VTC gear too, not just the intake cam and this allowed him to have a lower vtec point (as per Hondata tsx tuning webpage)
And I think the vtec cross over point can be seen on his power graphic where the line starts to change its shape.

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts
nice results.

what octane petrol do you use?

·
Registered
874 Posts
this is awesome bro! looking like my future setup...great JOB and thanks for keeping us up to date with this!! again awesome!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
@littlebo he changed the VTC gear too, not just the intake cam and this allowed him to have a lower vtec point (as per Hondata tsx tuning webpage)
And I think the vtec cross over point can be seen on his power graphic where the line starts to change its shape.
anyway if VTEC point is set to 3600 rpm - it's too low with these mods :) I have tuned mine car with TSX 06+ cams and serveral others - 4000-4400 rpm is starting point for VTEC. From dyno sheet seems that VTEC is set from 3800 rpm, move it to 4000 and you have better dyno graph shape ;)

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
258bhp is roughly 220whp. Not bad, very nice for your mod setup. Torque curve is nice and smooth and looks like the car makes power linearly to redline. Very nice for an N/A.

Enjoy the car, try to take an in car video of how the car accelerates.

·
Registered
17 Posts
anyway if VTEC point is set to 3600 rpm - it's too low with these mods :) I have tuned mine car with TSX 06+ cams and serveral others - 4000-4400 rpm is starting point for VTEC. From dyno sheet seems that VTEC is set from 3800 rpm, move it to 4000 and you have better dyno graph shape ;)
i'm certain his tuner set the vtec activation at its optimal point.... this is a basic principle of tuning vtec. w/e worked for ur k24a2 means very little to the op as no two motors are built identical

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the replys everyone :)

yea so its around the 220-230 whp mark :) im well happy with that!

also i asked the tuner and he said vtec is set at 3800 as thats where the optimal place to set it worked out to be :)

so yea a good 50whp gain over stock :festive:

also i managed to pick up a new gearbox today, all dc5 ratios with lsd so that will be fun :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts