Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Yes, all good things must come to an end and it is about that time for me to retire from the TSX scene. It has been a fun ride and met some great people locally and abroad in the USA over the past 5 years.

Since I just picked up a new vehicle I won't have the time or space to begin the partout yet....may be start in a couple of weeks slowly. I may even actually wait until the spring if my time does not permit to do this properly.

Regardless, I want to list the parts that will eventually become available for sale by spring time at the latest. Locals always preferred but would be willing to ship if no buyers can be found locally.

I will start a new thread in Classified section with proper pics and adhere to all the forum rules as the parts come off the car. I just wanted to use this thread as a heads up to the locals that may be in the market for some of the goodies I have and would rather buy them in person een if you have to wait a bit for my partout to officially begin.

• NBP Modulo Bumper with Modulo grille / ion coated OEM JDM fogs / JDM rebar
  • NBP OEM 04-05 A-spec lip kit (front / sides / rear)
  • Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
  • Progress Rear Sway Bar
  • Comptech Ice Box
  • Skunk2 Front Camber Kit
  • Wicked Tuning Rear Camber Kit (assuming I can find my original parts to swap with)
  • Ingalls Replica Rear Camber Kit (assuming I can find my original parts to swap with)
  • 06-08 Authentic OEM JDM headlights (no projectors but you just use your own from USDM lights)
  • Custom LED retrofitted JDM Amber rear corner lights and OEM USDM 04-05 LED inner taillights (will only sell all together)
  • Dual illumination LED rear bumper lights (lights up red with parking lights / white when in reverse)
  • Aerocarparts trunk lip spoiler in NBP
  • Challenge USA coilovers with Hypercoil springs
  • Custom Lilliput 7 inch molded touch screen in center cubby with Widows xp/Centrafuse based carputer which includes navigation function
  • Silver interior trim conversion pieces (perfect if you hate the fake wood trim)
  • Wilwood front big brake kit with rotors and pads (tons of pad life left)
  • Wilwood rear caliper relocation kit with Honda Pilot Brembo Rotors (allows you to run larger rear rotors)
  • Vibrant stainless steel cat-back exhaust system with an extra vibrant stainless steel resonator added (perfect balance between quieter exhaust tone good for daily driving but sound good when in WOT).
  • S2000 steering with airbag (with single stage ignitor so you will need to swap with your own dual stage ignitor prior to install for TSX)

I think that's all I can think of right now...Please feel free to post on this thread if you have any questions but won't be able to provide any prices or pics until the part(s) are actually off the car.

Also no PM's calling dibs please...again, all parts are still on the car and nothing is available for sale yet.

Thank you all in advance for your understanding.

Ken

·
Registered
657 Posts
Hey Ken, sad to see you part ways with such a beautiful car ... but your right good things do come to an end.

A few questions:

The Modulo front bumper, would this fit an 08 TSX? I've read it does, but could you confirm this...would I need to purchase anything extra for fitment.

Did you drive the car in the winter? What's the condition of the vibrant exhaust?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just wondering, what car did you get to replace TSX? I would be also interested in the exhaust depend on pricing TBD.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Ken, sad to see you part ways with such a beautiful car ... but your right good things do come to an end.

A few questions:

The Modulo front bumper, would this fit an 08 TSX? I've read it does, but could you confirm this...would I need to purchase anything extra for fitment.

Did you drive the car in the winter? What's the condition of the vibrant exhaust?

Thanks in advance.
I am pretty certain Modulo bumper fits 06-08 too. there is the member with boosted and bagged blue TSX from Hawaii and I believe he was rockin the modulo on 06 TSX.

As I would be including the JDM rebar & Modulo specific grille you would not need anything else. I am including the hard to find ION coated fogs too which I saw in classified for like $500 or something new the other day. The bumper has one small scuff on right bottom corner from a boo boo I had with parking block at a condo I visited once. Other than that, it was always taped for long drives and in excellent shape overall. You would need to repaint it to white anyway so that minor scuff can be just painted over at the same time.

The Vibrant exhaust is in pretty good shape. I would say 8.5/10 at least.

I drive the car even in summer once a week at the most...it's a garage queen. I do technically drive the TSX in winter but again like once week or even less in winter in only ideal road condition.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wondering, what car did you get to replace TSX?

Are you guys ready for this? Not sure if you guys can handle the truth.....
:laugh: I bought a 2011 Sienna! There, I said it! Megan coilovers and nice wheels are in the plans for sienna. ha ha ha

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am pretty certain Modulo bumper fits 06-08 too. there is the member with boosted and bagged blue TSX from Hawaii and I believe he was rockin the modulo on 06 TSX.

As I would be including the JDM rebar & Modulo specific grille you would not need anything else. I am including the hard to find ION coated fogs too which I saw in classified for like $500 or something new the other day. The bumper has one small scuff on right bottom corner from a boo boo I had with parking block at a condo I visited once. Other than that, it was always taped for long drives and in excellent shape overall. You would need to repaint it to white anyway so that minor scuff can be just painted over at the same time.

The Vibrant exhaust is in pretty good shape. I would say 8.5/10 at least.

I drive the car even in summer once a week at the most...it's a garage queen. I do technically drive the TSX in winter but again like once week or even less in winter in only ideal road condition.
Ah okay perfect, if thats the case then everything should work as planned for the bumper. Yeah dont worry about the scuff's ill be repainting the bumper for sure-- that's if me calling dibs works ;)

I'd really like to hear the exhaust before I make my mind up for that, maybe if that GTA meet we're planning pans out I can take a listen then.

I guess I'll be waiting for your official classifieds thread. Either way, I've been hoping to pick up a Modulo for the longest time. Any idea on what you'll be pricing it out for?

·
Registered
657 Posts
:laugh: I bought a 2011 Sienna! There, I said it! Megan coilovers and nice wheels are in the plans for sienna. ha ha ha
Sienna in black, with that executive package they got going on ... the VIP looking one is HOT. I'd rock it as my minivan when the time comes :)

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
siennas are luxurious, nice and comfy. And they sure as hell look sexy/agressive with that sport pkg/wheels/lip.

And dont sleep on them, light to light they can outgun a semi modded tsx lol.

·
, Administrator, TOTM Coordinator
6,858 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Sienna

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
^That one popped into my head when Ken mentioned the Sienna. I'd push that allll day :lol:

I always liked the sport package Sienna. Most aggressive looking minivan out there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hahaha what a surprise! When time has come, I would be willing to give up my TSX for an Odyssey for sure~ Always like the the huge trunk space + big windows + comfort ride all the way.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since some of you asked I will post the info on Car PC here:

PC specs are as follows:

Intel D945GCLF motherboard with 1.6Ghz Atom processor and 1GB of DDR RAM
160GB SATA HDD
7" Lilliput sunlight-readable touch screen LCD

mp3Car.com 7'' Sunlight Readable Touchscreen Monitor Lilliput 669GL-70NP/C/T

M2-ATX 160W Intelligent DC-DC PSU

Morex 5677 Mini-ITX Case

The touch screen LCD is custom molded in to a panel that fits where the "not an ashtray" cubby and the other cubby are located. You essentially pull the center console up, slide the screen in to place, and hold it there with the two screws that held the bottom "Not an ashtray" in to place. The screen essentially sits on those two screws and you can use them to hold the screen in place.

The carputer is totally self contained in a small box and I had it installed under the passenger seat. It requires 3 hard wired connections - power, ground and switched 12V, just like a car amp. When you turn the car on the carputer turns on. You don't have to go through Start -> Shutdown in Windows when you shut down though. You just turn the car off and the carputer knows that via the 12V switched lead and shuts down Windows for you. However, I did add an override switch along the powerline with my set up so I can completely shutdown the PC if needed (eg. when I leave the car with the shop so the PC doesn't keep booting and shutting down every time they tuen the car on/off). I suggest the buyer does the same.

The carputer comes with Windows XP installed as well as Centrafuse. Centrafuse software has the capability of doing audio, video, backup cams, nav, wifi sync with an adapter, etc but I was never smart enough to use all the available functions (ha ha ha). I am going to just leave on whatever videos & music that are on the harddrive. Most of them were provided by the previous owner as I never really got to use the car PC to its maximum potential beyond navigation...

I will also include the USB GPS receiver and USB wifi adaptor so you can use the navigation and use wifi / tether data via your smart phone. If I can find it, I will also include the USB wired keyborad as well.

To complete the install you will need to add:

- wires to run from a 12V switched source to the carputer (I tapped the cigarette lighter 12V wire for mine), power wire and ground

- A 1/8" phono to 1/8" phono cable to go from the carputer's audio output to the AUX IN on the TSX (note: if you have an older TSX with no AUX IN like mine, you will have to find another way to create the AUX in through one of many products out there).

I think that pretty much covers it....please feel free to post here if you have any further questions (except pricng since I have not decided yet).

·
FAH-Q
809 Posts
Ken ask Julius about the Slammed Sienna we saw at some shitty meet a few weeks ago. It looks exactly like the one posted in this thread but minus the airbags. It was on Megan coils according to the owner. We were drooling over it because its so badass.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ken ask Julius about the Slammed Sienna we saw at some shitty meet a few weeks ago. It looks exactly like the one posted in this thread but minus the airbags. It was on Megan coils according to the owner. We were drooling over it because its so badass.
I met him last week! He is Megan with 20 inch Vossens.

I am definitely going to try picking up the Megan coils over the winter if my part out goes well.

How's your sienna running? You like it?

I am picking mine up tomorrow from the US!

·
FAH-Q
809 Posts
I met him last week! He is Megan with 20 inch Vossens.

I am definitely going to try picking up the Megan coils over the winter if my part out goes well.

How's your sienna running? You like it?

I am picking mine up tomorrow from the US!
Ours is great, but its only the base model V6. I wish my wife was down with ponying up the money for the SE but no dice :squint:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts