Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought htspec type1 v.2. From the first day I installed them I had a thumping noise from both front coilovers like they were bottoming out, they were setup to the specs recommended by heeltoe, I drove like this for more then a month and over 1,000 miles, noise continued then I tried raising it more, adjusting preload to what f&f recommends, swapped sides no change. Contacted F&F and they said they would send me 2 new oil tubes after 150 deposit. Installed replacement front oil tubes, setup to heeltoe specs and right front noise went away but I still had the thumping noise from the left front, swapped sides and noise went to the right front. Contacted F&F again, they said all they can do is send another oiltube after $75 deposit, installed replacement oil tube and I am still getting the same noise, swapped top hats, no change, everything is tight and I don’t know what else it can be and it is not normal because the left front feels solid. Received email from F&F, I don’ t get my $75 deposit back because there were no issues with the last oil tube, if I want they can send it back for $20, umm no thanks, keep your cheap parts. These things have been a hassle since day1 and I have spent hours and hours working on them. Although they still drive ok besides having to deal with the noise in right front, I should have spent more money and gone with a different brand and I don’t recommend them.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
All reasons my first post about them exist...

You can call your credit card company and bank to pull back the charge. Call HT and see what they can do, I really dont like FF though.
OMG don't call your bank until you've contacted us for support. All you are going to do is mess us up (heeltoe).

So it sounds like you have gotten replacements successfully but more than one bad one in a row.

First, I am.going to call F2 right now to see if I can get ant more info.

Second, email me at [email protected] so i can continue supporing you directly.

Don't call the bank until I tell you I am not going to help you any more.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
check your front swaybar endlinks...

...laugh at me all you want for advice but my endlinks made no thumps on eibachs and stock shocks, but the moment I put on the coils those 79k miles young links died....and I heard a clunk/thump. I mean immediately...and I didnt even slam. Maybe installer did something? I doubt it.

I know youre going to say it was not side dependent, as it moved with the coil...but in my case both of mine were shot...and the noise would sometimes be solely pass side, solely driver side.

Just food for thought.

EDIT: to add, i got buddy club n+, but same concept..monotube

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
iphone pics. They are setup to the recommended specs sent out by heeltoe, which is a little higher then i wanted to be but i did not want to go lower until i had the issue resolved. I had contacted heeltoe when i first had the issue but was told to contact F&F for warranty, also i will look at my front endlinks when i get a chance
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL]
[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
iphone pics. They are setup to the recommended specs sent out by heeltoe, which is a little higher then i wanted to be but i did not want to go lower until i had the issue resolved. I had contacted heeltoe when i first had the issue but was told to contact F&F for warranty, also i will look at my front endlinks when i get a chance
....I would call your bank and at least make them aware of the issue. If your willing to loose the cash than so be it. Calling the bank and canceling a charge is in no way going to affect you (HT) youve already been paid for the coils.

The fact that we see this post a few times a month is interesting though.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my drivers rear. They've asked me to send in both rear coilovers. I'm not sure if I want to pay for shipping twice for a problem that's due to the manufacturer and covered under warranty. If a product is deemed defective by the manufacturer, shipping should be refunded at their expense. Paying retail+extra because you received a defective product has never made sense to me. Otherwise, they coilovers have been great.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
yeah im sitting with 3 oil tubes right now, just no time to put them in. nor do i have any idea how to, all they keep telling me is check online for instructions ...
they paid to ship them to me, but they are pretty damn heavy so im a bit concerned how much its going to cost to ship the messed up ones back.
rarely manufactures pay for shipping back, unless it is a defect in manufacturing. which this clearly is... F&F should be stepping up to the plate since it only affected such a "small number" of people who bought the coils, it shouldn't be a big deal for them to do that on their part... in my books, a little goodwill builds a lot of good faith. But what can ya do, for coils on a budget i guess you just have to deal. lesson learned.

Tot - ...interesting is def. one word for it lol

·
1,706 Posts
just noise, its something inside the tube that becomes loose so its actually worse at low speeds and small bumps, but i guess that could be because road noise is less. but the acura tech drove it from the parking spot to the garage and he was like wth is that noise... that's how evident it is, but it got them to do a full suspension check for me though so its def. not anything else. It is a confirmed issue with FF, even though they were hesitant to admit it at first when i contacted them last year, as it became more prevalent they relented and owned up to it. I've had it for a looong time now, it was at first only one front, then the second front became intermittent and one of my rears was also doing a squishing noise. so i just got them to send me 3

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just noise, its something inside the tube that becomes loose so its actually worse at low speeds and small bumps, but i guess that could be because road noise is less. but the acura tech drove it from the parking spot to the garage and he was like wth is that noise... that's how evident it is, but it got them to do a full suspension check for me though so its def. not anything else. It is a confirmed issue with FF, even though they were hesitant to admit it at first when i contacted them last year, as it became more prevalent they relented and owned up to it. I've had it for a looong time now, it was at first only one front, then the second front became intermittent and one of my rears was also doing a squishing noise. so i just got them to send me 3
how did you get new shocks sent without a deposit ? also F&F takes the deposit before they send you new shocks so you can't cancel the payment and I don't really see how the bank can do anything. just to make it clear i received my deposit back the first time just not the second.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
....I would call your bank and at least make them aware of the issue. If your willing to loose the cash than so be it. Calling the bank and canceling a charge is in no way going to affect you (HT) youve already been paid for the coils.

The fact that we see this post a few times a month is interesting though.
You really don't know how the whole "calling the bank" thing works, do you.
If you buy from us, and then call the bank on the sale, we get nailed. Whih is messed up if we dont get a chance to make it right before hand.

People do run into this but we have found there are a lot of reasons people might get noises and not all of them are specifically the fault of the part.

I'm having the same issue with my drivers rear. They've asked me to send in both rear coilovers. I'm not sure if I want to pay for shipping twice for a problem that's due to the manufacturer and covered under warranty. If a product is deemed defective by the manufacturer, shipping should be refunded at their expense. Paying retail+extra because you received a defective product has never made sense to me. Otherwise, they coilovers have been great.
You pay up front for thr part and future warranty support. But you are not paying for the transit to and fro. It's pretty standard...

·
1,706 Posts
how did you get new shocks sent without a deposit ? also F&F takes the deposit before they send you new shocks so you can't cancel the payment and I don't really see how the bank can do anything. just to make it clear i received my deposit back the first time just not the second.

oh yeah i sent them a deposit on my AMEX, i'm not worried about not getting it back... there would be no reason for that once they receive their defective product back. true it could be for whatever reason there is noise, but i have mechanics reports stating that all suspension components are in working order, even the coils are not leaking or anything, so i'm confident i have isolated the source of my noise. the issue is very specific, and FF has addressed it... there can't be much else done about it.

I think FF should pay for the shipping back of the defective parts however.

I wouldn't go calling the bank either, some ppl are just paro and jump the gun, but it should be at the very least common courtesy to let a merchant sort out the issue at hand first. If they are un-responsive and the manufacturer is un-responsive, then you'd have reason to get the bank involved.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you buy from us, and then call the bank on the sale, we get nailed. Whih is messed up if we dont get a chance to make it right before hand.

People do run into this but we have found there are a lot of reasons people might get noises and not all of them are specifically the fault of the part.

You pay up front for thr part and future warranty support. But you are not paying for the transit to and fro. It's pretty standard...
In fact I would be paying for the transit to them. Directly from F&F's mouths while on the phone with them after I spoke with you yesterday :/

They also requested I send both rear coilover assemblies for valving comparisons, even though only one is defective. This in turn equals twice the shipping weight and raises the cost. Also, I would be paying for return shipping on the non-defect assembly I'd be sending them to be sent back.

I'm in no way unhappy with you or your services, nor the product even. Just wish that if a company has a warranty claim that turns out to be valid, that the shipping cost is refunded to the customer...considering the shipping was only required due to the product. I guess it is what it is though. Still happy with them overall so far (5 months)

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
I wouldn't go calling the bank either, some ppl are just paro and jump the gun, but it should be at the very least common courtesy to let a merchant sort out the issue at hand first. If they are un-responsive and the manufacturer is un-responsive, then you'd have reason to get the bank involved.
Heres the thing, you generally only have 30 days, if someone isnt going to give me good support or warranty there products after I send them a broken part, I sure as hell will be pulling back that charge. Its not being paranoid, I want a part that works reliably.

You already got paid your XXX.XX amount for the coils, He is talking about the $75 deposit to get a new part. He sent it in and they said "theres nothing wrong with it" Well there clearly is something wrong with it. And Im very quite aware of how "calling the bank works" Its called protection from terrible products, and CS like FF has.

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
I don't know how you guys drive a luxury car, whether its slammed or just dropped, making clunking noises (if it indeed is the coilovers), while under the understanding that it is a known issue by the manufacturer. I'd chalk it up as an expensive loss and get another set....hell, even Megan coilovers don't clunk!!!!

...but best of luck to you all.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
Well Said!

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
You already got paid your XXX.XX amount for the coils, He is talking about the $75 deposit to get a new part. He sent it in and they said "theres nothing wrong with it" Well there clearly is something wrong with it. And Im very quite aware of how "calling the bank works" Its called protection from terrible products, and CS like FF has.
Oh, got it. I misunderstood that.

If they got the part back and tested it and cannot find anything wrong with it, I might have to think there might not be...possible the problem was an unknown issue with the assembly or installation. I know the customer says there was a defect and the manufacturer says there wasn't. They held up their end of the bargain really. I think it would be in the best interest of both parties to split all costs. The company needs to be defensive here.

Put yourself in their shoes...a customer says a part is bad, you charge a deposit because it legitimizes the claim, you get the part and the one they sent tests ok...either the test is bad or the part is good, and you know you've tested a lot of shocks and know a good one from a bad one. You tell the customer as such after already having sent a new part...how would you handle this?

That being said I need to reinforce my position on F2 as a company and their parts.

The parts. They are inexpensive, and therefore there is always going to be a wider range of tolerance to the items. Sometimes if that tolerance goes outside a functional limit, there is a warranty issue and as long as the company is willing to support products found to be defective, they are doing their job. If they parts are inside the tolerance of functional limits. they work well and people don't have a problem. BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE selling and supporting these products over the last two years, and hundreds of kits sold, by in large I feel these parts are perfectly good parts to run, especially for the cost. I have MANY people using these kits for a very long period of time with no issues at all, myself included, and our very own Mayuga. SO if there is a concern about these parts being any good, we need to separate out those with no issues or complaints with those dozen or so who happen to be frequent posters in the forums. 20 negative posts from 8 people can skew perceptions a bit. So take that for what it is...a suggesting to keep things in perspective.

The company. F2 has never given me any customer service related concerns or troubles to date. They are very willing to do what needs to be done to make things right for people, in some cases even more than I am willing to do. This combination of their support and my support has be truly indispensable for getting our customers on track and happy with the product. IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT NUMEROUS TIMES we have been aware that customers are not turning in their warranty registration cards, and are not indicating that they have HTSPEC kits in their cars. Yes, these factors DO make a difference in the handling of your warranty claim. So we can say all the negative things about them we want but if we as consumers fail to be thorough and follow the protocol put in place, it creates an inability for the company to give the best service possible.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.