Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I'm planning to buy a gray Acura TSX 2004 with 120,000 mileage. Only issues I notice are some scratches, and comes one key. no alarm on the vehicle until i purchase a new key.

very low transmission oil. hope it doesn't cause a problem, I have to look into that before I buy it today because if the transmission has issues, it'll cost $2000 more or less to fix.

Now for the price, it is $7500

Is this a good deal? What are some mechanical or not mechanical things to look into?

his description...
"I have for sale a 2004 Acura TSX. This car is in great condition. The miles are 120 Highway miles. The car has remote start, iPod connector, all cables for a sound system which was in for 4 months. It is automatic, with sunroof, power windows, power locks, heated seats, 6 disc CD changer, leather seats, traction control. All four tires have only 9k miles on them. Breaks and rotors fairly new. Oil was changed every 3k miles with synthetic oil. Overall the car is in excellent mechanical condition. I am also slightly negotiable with the price, but also not desperate to sell so please reasonable offers only!"

·
Registered
39 Posts
A/C's black death!
What do you mean by that.
I just picked up and 2004 TSX last week also. Has 190km on it. AC blows ice cold and the car drives and handle flawless.

Only issue is the drivers side seat belt buckle. The SRS light comes stay on sometime, and when u unbuckle the beat the sensor doesn't buck it up. seems to be a know issue and it does have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
There have been AC systems on that model year that have had "black death" issues that completely kill a AC system. Search the board and you will find info on it.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I bought my 04 TSX the dealer told me the A/C compressor was not working and would charge me 600 dollars to replace. I said not thanks and ordered one myself and switched it out for about 230.00 dollars. I think you should get it, Acura is made by Honda and to be honest I would never think about buying a Ford with 130,000 miles but if it's Toyota or Honda I wouldn't even think twice about it. That is my personal opinion hope it helps!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.