Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian weather finally caught up to me. Was cleaning my car up today and i found a bubble spot on the top passenger side roof between my windshield. "Pulled the rubber back" and it revealed a horror story.

So sad... How much you think this will cost me to fix? Is it even fixable? Such a random place for a rust spot... I even wash my car weekly in the winter. My quarter panels and wheel wells are perfect.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Canadian weather finally caught up to me. Was cleaning my car up today and i found a bubble spot on the top passenger side roof between my windshield. "Pulled the rubber back" and it revealed a horror story.

So sad... How much you think this will cost me to fix? Is it even fixable? Such a random place for a rust spot... I even wash my car weekly in the winter. My quarter panels and wheel wells are perfect.

Yikes, In NY it would be a crap ton. The front windshield needs to be removed, metal cut out most likely, than a new piece shaped and welded back in, grinded down, bondo, paint/blending, window back in.

Only one way to find out :) Bring it by a local body shop and cross your fingers!

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes, In NY it would be a crap ton. The front windshield needs to be removed, metal cut out most likely, than a new piece shaped and welded back in, grinded down, bondo, paint/blending, window back in.

Only one way to find out :) Bring it by a local body shop and cross your fingers!
Sounds expensive... I just hope it's like under $500. I'm not trying to throw any more money into this car then I already am. The rust spot isn't even that big. It's about the size of my index finger.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Best way to find out would be to take it into a body shop to see how much it would cost. I suspect that it would be cheaper to source out an entire roof panel and weld that in as opposed to paying to have the rusted area cut out and replaced with new metal. How are the labor rates at body shops in Ontario?

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Best way to find out would be to take it into a body shop to see how much it would cost. I suspect that it would be cheaper to source out an entire roof panel and weld that in as opposed to paying to have the rusted area cut out and replaced with new metal. How are the labor rates at body shops in Ontario?
There is no way it'll cost that much to fix that. I'd assume it'd cost more to weld a roof on...

I remember paying roughly $300 or so to fix both quarter panels that were rusted on my Honda Prelude.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts