Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I need to stop modding!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(This is a long one so bear with me.) ;)

So I've finally reached the 3500 mark on my TSX and I decided to bring it in to Thomas Acura out here in Covina because I have that first oil change free, tire dressing, detail and the what not coupon they gave me for purchasing a car from them. I made an appointment with them on the phone on Tuesday but when I brought the car in today, the lady who took the people's name down said mine wasn't on there but it didn’t make a difference because they took my car in right then and there.

So last week on Friday, I began to hear a rattle in the center console from my car for the first time since I've gotten it and it was cold down here in SoCal last week and so I'm guessing that's what started it. Since last weekend, I drove the car to San Francisco and back and the rattle was on and off. The rattles began during the warm hot weather, especially when my interior was very hot and the rattles disappear during the cold mornings.

So I told the lady I was in for an oil change and to please ask the service men to check up on the rattles. She wrote down my description word for word no exactly how I described it here and I was kinda glad she did cause that way they don’t leave my car in the shade when the rattles don’t occur. So she told me that the whole service might take up until 7 in the evening today and that they would call me as soon as they were ready and so I said okay can someone take me home? She called someone to shuttle me home and after a few minutes because I think they only have one shuttle service, I got a ride back with a mechanic from there.

So the mechanic was very friendly and he was the one who initiated the conversation and I asked him a few questions about the Acura lineup. He was very honest and told me that the MDX is the most troublesome out of all the Acuras, mainly problems with the brakes on the car and many other things that he could've gone into detail. Next, I asked him if they’ve received many cars with rattles similar to mines and he said that it was very rare because they always checked their cars before they put them on the floor. (I guess this is only true for Thomas Acura? Unless people who bought from them haven’t had the chance to bring their cars in yet.) Then, I asked him about the paint protection plan and he told me that you could only use it ONLY once a year. I was like I didn’t know that and he said its way at the bottom of the contract and you can only use it once a year for five years. Then he told me that the car wash, tire detailing and a few others were a complement to ANY kind of service done at Thomas Acura and so if I ever needed to get anything checked, whatever it is, they’d go ahead and wash my car if I wanted and they do cater to people that didn't purchase from them. Finally, I asked him about the TSX A-Spec and he said nope don’t think its coming out. He said if it even does, it’ll be a while. So I finally got back home and then a few hours later, the lady at the service desk called me to inform about my car.

She tells me that the mechanics definitely heard the rattle, although it was their first and on top of that they were very surprised to find that the gearbox in my car was loose. The problem was bigger than I thought and they would have to replace my whole center console and gearbox because while trying to get it out they scratched the original. :(

But I was very glad that they heard the rattle and that they even decided to tackle the problem right away as soon as they heard it. As of right now, my car is still in their shop and won’t be done until Monday. Unfortunately, I’m gonna be gone until 2 Fridays from now for finals at school and so I won’t be able to test drive it until then. However, my uncle will pick the car up for me and I can ask him if they got rid of the problem. So yeah, Thomas Acura is so far very good in service. And finally, if you hear rattles take it in as soon as you can, that way you can find out if its a big problem like mines.

·
I need to stop modding!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres an update on my car since i last left it at thomas acura for the rattle check up. so i hadnt driven my car until today since last two weeks ago and boy can i tell you how happier i was again driving the car for the first time since. i felt so deprived since i left it in the shop and now the car is that much better since. hehe. :nod:

so yeah, heres the update. rattles are gone even though the car gets warm inside and yeah i left it in the sun for a good few hours to warm it up nicely. also, my car smells, looks and feels brand new. :wiggle:

thomas acura not only performed the oil change for free and fix the rattle, they also clean my car, waxed it, vaccumed the interior, conditioned the leather, clean the vinyl, dressed the tires, and even tightened up my steering column for a tighter turning feel and made the alignment better than it was before. overall, im satisfied 110% with their service and i recommend them for any type of service that you might need if you live around them. on top of every service you come in for they give you the free car wash, tire dressing and the rest as a complimentary for taking your car into their dealership. check them out for anyone interested. :thumbsup:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Thanks for the update, that is awesome!!!
It is great to know that there are dealers out there who still go out of their way to make sure their customer's are happy.
Joker - who is glad to hear they fixed the rattle's :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
That's awesome!!! :thumbsup:

I wish my dealership would get off their asses and make me that happy :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts