Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it monday, and just installed it yesterday :)

The growl is LOUD, but not that deep, or atleast not as deep as my old AV6 was =/

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
sweet man!:thumbsup:

Record the sound of that intake, I really want to hear your beast TSX with that cool mod.:cool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not too big, more noise than gains.. hehe..
but definatley noticable..

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Huh, I guess my age is showing. :donno:

I'd get a mod that would decrease the noise, not increase it.
And the trouble is, I woulda done that when I was a kid too. :donno: :donno:

Way back last year, one of the things that made me pretty sure the TSX was the car I wanted was that some people were complaining about how quiet it was.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe im getting old too lol (i'm almost 20).

But im actually annoyed at the sound..
I'm kinda considering getting a comptech icebox now just because its quieter.. I just dont wanna lose the "niceness" of the car, if u kno what I mean..

but i really like how the look of the intake in the engine bay looks, thas actually one of the main reasons i got it hehe...

but the good thing is, during normal driving, you wont hear it AT ALL, only when u wanna hear it, u will.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
That's sweeet looking... Bet it sounds good too :)

I can't seem to settle on going the SRI or CAI route...and when :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess since there's not really THAT big of a difference in hp gains between a SRI and CAI, plus I thought the AEM short ram setup looked really nice in the engine bay :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool thanks :)

Once I edit it to make it a bit smaller, (so it'll fit thru my email) i'll send it on over to ya.

Thanks again :)

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
Do you guys think a CAI is a little quieter than a SR?

Thanks.

I"m looking for an intake that will make noise when i want it to, but when i do normal driving, its pretty close to stock noise.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
i have the injen, and if you drive 'normal' u dont even notice that the intake is there. you'll notice the injen in two ways:
1. decreased low end power
2. if you go WOT, you'll hear it ;)

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
-phase- said:
i have the injen, and if you drive 'normal' u dont even notice that the intake is there. you'll notice the injen in two ways:
1. decreased low end power
2. if you go WOT, you'll hear it ;)
hee, can still hear it if windows are down..

anyone gonna try mugen intake?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Yes, a long RAM aka CAI will always sound more quiet than a short RAM aka SRI because you won't hear much of the filter suction noise/sound with a long RAM compared to a short RAM.

·
Registered
294 Posts
oh god, i have the injen intake in my car and it is the nicest growl you can have on this car for the price. makes it feel like a new car. just today i was having fun revving it up high. we also had some ice so i was doin some nice ebraking around (with new blizzaks, you can corner with such precission)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts