Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally had some time today to install my eletric headlight beam adjustment setup.

For those who don't know, I believe in Europe cars have to have either self leveling or manual headlight beam adjustment from inside the cabin. EDM Accords came with both setups, self leveling for HID equipped models and manual for halogen ones. I was able to source the parts for the manual setup and got them to work with my HIDs. Now I can raise and lower my headlight beam with the flick of a switch.

Here's a short video of the beam going up.

Here's one of it going down.

Here's one of a short drive around my neighborhood with the beams at the lowest setting.

And here's the same drive with the beam at the highest setting.

You can see that it actually makes quite a difference. I don't even need high beams anymore. It's almost like having bixenons. I love it.

And to top it off, an OEM switch to use up one of the blank slots.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't remember exactly because I got one piece at a time but it wasn't that much. The setup consists of a motor for each headlight and the switch in the cabin. The motors and switches are faily easy to find. It's the plugs that plug into the motors and the switch that are hard to source. For me, the motors came with my EDM headlights and I found the switch and the plugs for about $50 total.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Very nice, definitely a unique mod too

·
Registered
714 Posts
yep i get this as standard :D

·
sponsor by MY POCKET!!
1,539 Posts
im jealous lol

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
I want... So the jdm light also has this feature or only Edm?

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
it's a shame how much our cars get cheated when it's supposed to be the luxury brand in the U.S. My friend's mazdaspeed 3 even has almost the exact same switch.

Definitely a nice mod, and useful in various driving conditions!

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
In the back of my jdm headlights I have a motor so it's possible some jdm can be done as well...

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,061 Posts
Fantastic mod!

I actually wanted it because I often change the height of my car with different wheel/tire set up. When I go from staggered to non-staggered I end up blinding people because my front end goes back up higher with larger tires up front (and vice versa).

Sagar and I talked about doing this mod but using some other Honda Europoe model switch for a while now (he has a few kicking around) but we never got around to it.

I love functional mod!:tu2:

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I have the J7 (JDM) headlights and it has a motor also. This is definitely a sweet mod.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts