Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't have a TSX yet, I have a 97 Accord. But I've always loved Hondas- more specifically VTEC.

So in search of my next car I found the TSX. Its powerful, good on gas and a VTEC engine. Plus I wanted a 4 door sedan that wasn't too big.

But now after finding the next car I want, I need to figure out what mods I want. I'm looking for things I can do that will give it power while not depleting fuel efficiency. I found some good info here:
Tuning the TSX

But am still wondering where to go. I think the best place to start is with a turbo or maybe a supercharger. Based on the size of the turbo/supercharger I can put other mods in. What size? Or should I start elsewhere?
Any stock parts in the TSX you've found are already pretty good?

I'm new to mods and I'm not looking to race with this. Just have a car I can enjoy and be proud of. This project will be a few years in the making but I would like a 2005 TSX. They're a good price- unless anyone recommends a different 1st gen that did better?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Technically year 06+ are "better", but don't let that stop you from getting a 04-05. Of course that didn't stop me.. There is a supercharger kit (Carb Legal) available through Comptech Engineering. Don't think you can just slap it on and call it a day. You must get a tuned (reflash or flashpro).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the first gens are smaller and cheaper is why I like them. I'm used to my Accord and I didnt like how they got bigger and uglier with the newer years.

But yeah thats why I wanted to start with that mod so that I can tune the ECU around it. But I was looking at that supercharger, it was the only one I could find and it only adds 50hp for $4300. I see I could do a custom turbo kit but I'm not sure how much that would involve. I can do repairs and installations well if I have instructions. But I don't have any formal training in auto mechanics. I know that I can and should get a chipped ECU tuned with that right? But what else should be changed? Exhaust, header, intake, cam?

My overall question is, what mods can I do that would just be for my own enjoyment (that I can do and perhaps have a mechanic interveine every so often), not for racing?
I'm not even close to getting a new car yet but this is all planning for the next few years so I can always go with a different option. Different car even (I wanna stick with Honda though)
I'm thinking my next car within the next year and then over the following 5, 6 years putting the mods into it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.