Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just busted my oil pan on the way taking my mom to church today. I ran over a metal ring (didn't really know what that was) that fell off from the wheel of a SUV driving in front of me. I couldn't dodge cz there was another car right next to my right side and the divider was on my left (fml). I made it to the church with probably one quart of oil left in my engine. I got out the car and saw my front lip was bronken in half, oil was leaking out all over of the road, and some wires was hanging down right by the catalytic converter.

I'm not really sure if I should claim this with my insurance or just fix it myselft cz I have $1000 deductible. Anyways, do you guys know how much it would cost for a new oil pan and how hard to replace it? If my memory serves me right then I heard someone said that you have to drop the front subframe in oder to change the oil pan.

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
834 Posts
I don't recommend claiming it under the insurance if your deductible is that high. The oil pan LOOKS relatively easy to replace, I doubt you have to drop the subframe but I may be wrong. and the wires out of your cat are more than likely from your o2 sensor. With that being said . I do wish you the best of luck sir. Being low does have it's consequences.

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
You should be able to find an oil pan for a pretty decent price. Really depends on what else is damaged. new lip and paint, possibly bumper, maybe undershield cover, whatever wire/ sensor was damaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.