Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At first it was my CD player that had stopped working. Then everytime I would turn my car on it would scan through both AM and FM staions for a few seconds and I could change it to whatever. That went on for about 6 months and now everything from the clock to the radio to the temp to the gear lights don't work. I don't have the money to take it anywhere. Im pretty good about disassembling things so if it could be the wiring harness, how could I go about getting to that. Oh and it's a 2004 TSXy

·
Registered
201 Posts
Iv seen this happen on the 04's iv sold, had to contact a place in Vanuys CA that opens them up and replaced a burned out circuit board. Cost about $150 takes one day. Guy made a video on youtube about the Infinti G35 radios that do the same.

·
Triple Rollover Survivor
156 Posts
How confident are you taking apart your dash? I did this job on my 04 about three weeks ago and it turned out great--even restored lights that weren't working on my door handles. Just go to OEMAcuraParts.com and input part number 3917A-SEC-A01RM. It's about $66 (plus a $125 core charge that is refunded when you send back the original board) and can be done in an afternoon. If you'd like, I can dig up the Acura TSB that tells you how to do the swap--you just don't need the install kit they recommend. I talked to a few Honda techs and they never use the kit... But yeah, so far mine's fantastic. Amazing what a little bit more thermal padding on a circuit board can do...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G XE with Beats Audio using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
the rm was only for the recall i believe.. dont quote me on that. but i just replace mine recently from my dealer, and the CP was the one they gave me. also dont forget the core charge that NIHONtsx mentioned.

·
Triple Rollover Survivor
156 Posts
it shouldnt be the RM its should be this part # 3917A-SEC-A01CP.
Huh, definitely possible. Mine was an RM, but I also nabbed that part code off *********, and that post was from mid last year, so it's totally possible the CP is what we're dealing with now. The CP has the fatter section of thermal padding, right? I'm just curious what they changed between the two, since there was only the one TSB related to radio/light/CD failure, IRC.

·
Triple Rollover Survivor
156 Posts
And I'm not sure why it starred out one word in my previous post... That was a competing forum I used to snag info from... (O_O)

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
And I'm not sure why it starred out one word in my previous post... That was a competing forum I used to snag info from... (O_O)

o no sorry about that nihontsx. yea the CP is the new. i asked about it at the dealer and he said that the rm is no longer in use and that cp was the correct one. also it does have the fatter padding so that the issue wont occur. i got the feeling its some sort of electric arch that cause the surface fuse to burn out..

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
Bump

Anyone have the TSB instructions off hand? I am looking right now for them. Pulled the stock '04 radio, put in '05 I got from fleabay... the #4 button doesnt work. Seeing as the "CODE" starts with 4, no go. So tried putting the '04 face on the '05 radio, typed the code in... Everything seems to work, plays radio/cd, lights included, but the display shows;

1 - 14 of 14 Posts