Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:woot: :woot:

After 48 days of agonizing TSXless pain and $16,000 worth of repairs, I finally have my car back :D :D :D I'll refrain from commenting too much about the job they did until I've re-broken her in, but so far I'm pretty happy. It drives as I remember it and the paint job looks good but I have to see it on a bright sunny day. I am now feeling guilty for wanting to ditch her.

Just had to share :) I should get my deductible back after my insurance company goes after the responsible parties.

:jump:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
:woot: :woot: :woot:
congrats on getting your car back :woot:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Congrats, JCG, and bless your good fortune!

If it stays like that, it solves your whole dilemma.
What a hassle, though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well now things look like they are finally looking up for you :) Glad to see you finally have your car back !

(I am still waiting for mine, I gave the dealer a call today who said that my Euro has been delayed untill the 25th, and that is only the date which it arrives in Australia, it can take another 5 days for it to be delivered! :( Then they still have to attach the spoiler and tint the windows! You know, would be very surprised if I get the car this month! Why does it take so long? )

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
woo hoo, btw I saw that episode of the simpsons today

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
larchmont said:
What episode of the Simpsons?

(You mean JCG's avatar??) :donno:
Lifeguard: "Hey you, Americans!"

Homer: "What? How did you know?"

(Homer turns, revealing shirt)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyone! :thumbsup:

Hopefully it will be ok. My wife still wants to ditch it though - she doesn't trust that we won't run into gremlins down the line. I'm not sure either way - the only mechanical damage was to the exhaust system (which was replaced), and a headlight when out. I guess the question is whether there was damage that we are not aware of. The rear view mirror seems loose to me, which could indicate just how jarred the car was when it was hit.

We are in 'house saving mode' so I really don't want to go through the expense of a new car. I think we'll wait it out for now and see what happens.

thanks again!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
jcg878 said:
....Hopefully it will be ok. My wife still wants to ditch it though - she doesn't trust that we won't run into gremlins down the line. I'm not sure either way - the only mechanical damage was to the exhaust system (which was replaced), and a headlight when out. I guess the question is whether there was damage that we are not aware of. The rear view mirror seems loose to me, which could indicate just how jarred the car was when it was hit.....
Yes, those are the questions. My guess would be that most likely it's OK, and even if not totally OK right now, that whatever turns out not to be OK could be taken care of pretty simply and straightforwardly. (If anything.)

Hopefully all will be revealed pretty soon, and the answers will be good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts