Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So HondaMan's replica of my car encouraged me to post these pics. Entirely stock except for the lip spoiler that I FINALLY had painted and put on this weekend.













The "after" picture :)














Wife's car:


Both...




 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Nice, nice pics, JCG.
And mainly it's great just to see the car up-and-running again!

I guess you can look at the spoiler as a celebration of the the recovery.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Very nice...and shiney too :nod: :thumbsup:

Glad you're enjoying the TSX once again..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Looking good :thumbsup:

One question though, why did you decide to go with the lip spoiler rather than the OEM full spoiler? In my opinion the standard spoiler looks sportier and better on most cars than the lip spoiler? :donno:

Each to their own... :shy:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thorn2004 said:
One question though, why did you decide to go with the lip spoiler rather than the OEM full spoiler? In my opinion the standard spoiler looks sportier and better on most cars than the lip spoiler? :donno:
The lip spoiler was advertised to "enhance stability at high speeds". The OEM spoiler was not. It was an easy choice :D



Each to their own... :shy:
Indeed. I prefer the subtle look of the lip spoiler myself. OEM doesn't look bad, it's just not my cup o' tea, particularly in black. On red, maybe SSM, etc it looks very good.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
jcg878 said:
The lip spoiler was advertised to "enhance stability at high speeds". The OEM spoiler was not. It was an easy choice :D.
That's a joke, right? :donno:
Even if it wasn't, I think it really is. But who cares, if you think it enhances stability, then it probably does.

Larchmont, who thinks pharmacy dudes must be well familiar with the placebo effect.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts
very nice and shiny.:)

Glad to have your TSX back?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
larchmont said:
That's a joke, right? :donno:
Even if it wasn't, I think it really is. But who cares, if you think it enhances stability, then it probably does.
Indeed it was. I don't think it does anything other than make me look back at the car ;)

Larchmont, who thinks pharmacy dudes must be well familiar with the placebo effect.
Indeed again! I've seen some impressive examples, as I imagine we all have.
 

·
Just a little nutty
Joined
·
664 Posts
Great to see that you have your car back, JCG.

It looks fantastic! If you don't mind, where did you go to get it fixed? Good body shops are hard to find.

How's the ride so far?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whatchamacallit said:
Great to see that you have your car back, JCG.

It looks fantastic! If you don't mind, where did you go to get it fixed? Good body shops are hard to find.

How's the ride so far?
I took it to CollisionMax of Westmont (NJ), where it was promptly transferred to CollisionMax of Pennsauken (NJ), which handles the 'big ones'. My insurance company guarantees their work (they do as well) and I'd heard good things about the Westmont one, so I chose them. The ride is absolutely as I remember BUT there is a new whistling sound that is annoying. The trunk doesn't leak, mechanically it feels the same, the paint looks great, and overall I'm pleased (but cautious).

I was a little nervous parking in Roxborough yesterday. Parking in Philly just isn't something I can avoid.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Congrats (again) JCG looks like new again. As for the whistling, I think the toughest part will be bringing it back again after you just finished detailing it.

I know how you feel, you want this "episode" to end, but unfortunately it can't because now you must return for more work.

Best advice I can offer is ask them to complete the repairs away from the paint booth. The worst part of returning to the body shop is having detailed your car and bringing it home only to find overspray on everything! :mecry:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
hip said:
.....Best advice I can offer is ask them to complete the repairs away from the paint booth. The worst part of returning to the body shop is having detailed your car and bringing it home only to find overspray on everything! :mecry:
Now that's what I'd call a pretty cool heads up. :nod:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Vtecrr said:
question on the foglights, can you turn them on with the parking light or they only on when the head lights on ?
Only when the headlights are on :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TSX 'R' US said:
Only when the headlights are on :(
yeah, that sucks. The covers are prone to rock-induced breakage as well, and they aren't cheap to fix. My solution was to have the car hit in a major accident so the autobody shop didn't notice it was already broken :gapteeth:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top