Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after having fun with my n/a mods that net me 218whp i went ahead with some boost. First wanted a turbo system that gave me the same results as a basic CT supercharger for less than half the price.

Kit consisted on eBay cast k series manifold, 70/82 knock of turbo, 38mm wastegate, 50mm bov, 2.5" intercooler piping, stage 1 water/meth kit. Yes no intercooler for now that is just 5psi of boost.

Now some pictures:

This is what i call stage 1 no intercooler stock fuel system 5psi of boost

Next stage will be intercooler, fuel pump, injectors and more boost.

Everything was done by me with help of my friends. I'll tune the car later in the day. I'll let you guys know

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Your gonna want to change that oil fitting for your oil drain on the pan. It looks super restrictive and since only gravity is pulling the oil back to the pan it needs to be as free flowing as it can.

You need to do more for heat protection, especially if you up the boost. Also you need to add more vents to your VC as the boost increases, I would also delete the PCV as well.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You going to want to change the oil pressure fitting. Those things are notorious for breaking off due to the vibration. On my turbo d16 I ran a feed from the oil pressure port to a distribution block on the firewall. The block relieved the stress.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Cool project. I'm very interested in the outcome. After seeing w00ted's project using the eBay kit and netting a fair amount of hp I started dreaming. Good luck and keep us updated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
awesome! how much did this cost you?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No idea. The IAT is not in the piping. I guess ECU would freak out. Although IAT corrections to timing i turned them to 0. Just adjust the timing to 18 deg and ran 10 afr until it leaned out (6500rpm) then i set the rev limit there. Car feels great but im not beating it until i get w/m running.

In one run it did 262whp but was to risky.

The investment was around $1k and i know 300whp at 10psi will be peace of cake

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
That's pretty impressive. I'm assuming the leaning out was due to maxing out the injectors. What injectors are you going to go with?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is the best run that day was leaning out and timing advance was high

Ignore the 449tq was due to a rev miss readout real torque is 209 at 6330rpm

Im using stock injectors, also the problem about leaning was due to wastegate overrun.
Past 6000rpm where de RBC chines and the head gets near it best VE boost pressure goes up. If i had enough fuel it wouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Looks good. Those high iat are holding you back, among the other reasons you mentioned.

·
Registered
250 Posts
This is the best run that day was leaning out and timing advance was high

Ignore the 449tq was due to a rev miss readout real torque is 209 at 6330rpm

Im using stock injectors, also the problem about leaning was due to wastegate overrun.
Past 6000rpm where de RBC chines and the head gets near it best VE boost pressure goes up. If i had enough fuel it wouldn't be an issue.
change your stock injectors, these will be limiting you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So i went again to the dyno

Changes:
-More boost
-Stock injectors modified like this >>> DIY: Modify K-Series Injectors to flow 490cc and 520cc - XproductionZ.com

Results:

Blue- best run, more boost and leaner than other runs
Red- second best equal boost more revs
Green- last dyno pull richer than other runs less boost
Navy Blue- Best run from first visit to the dyno

I'll check for boost leaks other than that i'm very happy with the results.
Still no intercooler, stock fuel pump, stock exhaust and stock/modified injectors.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.