Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How the hell can someone steal a 2004 TSX without the embedded chip/key?? The factory alarm didnt even sound off either!! Im so upset, I cant even put it into words....f***

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
tow truck. thats horrible man. you not late on payments right? ****in thiefs man. you have full coverage?

·
-
1,575 Posts
How the hell can someone steal a 2004 TSX without the embedded chip/key?? The factory alarm didnt even sound off either!! Im so upset, I cant even put it into words....f***

Sorry to hear that. I hope they are able to recover the car and in decent shape.

There was another stolen TSX thread & how the thieves are stealing cars with the chip key security system was discussed.
I've closely looked at the TSX wiring diagram & I have no idea how anyone could hotwire it to steal it.

That leaves 2 options IMO:

1. Inside job where someone (dealer, carwash, etc), copied the key including the RFID of the chip in the key.

2. Haul it away/tow it as was mentioned.

Good luck...

·
Unknown Soldier
74 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I hope they are able to recover the car and in decent shape.

That leaves 2 options IMO:

1. Inside job where someone (dealer, carwash, etc), copied the key including the RFID of the chip in the key.

2. Haul it away/tow it as was mentioned.

Good luck...
Agreed. Unless you had a remote start installed. Some alarm companies actually use the head of a programmed key
in close proximity of the ignition, hidden in the steering column shroud, to enable remote start.
Sorry for your loss. I've had cars stolen, and I feel your pain.

·
123456R
69 Posts
Here's a little insight that TSX owners should know. It is quite simple for someone to unhook the wiring harnesses to the factory horns by reaching up through the bumper. Once this is done, they can open up the car doors and then pop the hood to disconnect the battery to get the lights to stop flashing.

I found out the hard way, as this happened to me when someone decided they wanted my wheels and driver's airbag.

With an aftermarket alarm now installed with back-up battery, and back-up siren, and a few other accessories, this shouldn't happen again. Keyword is "shouldn't" but if a thief really wants it, they're going to get it.

That's what insurance is for.....

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
if i ever see thieves in action i dont know what ill do. i hate people who ruin other peoples lives by stealing or vandalizing other peoples properties.

thats why im holding back on rims or any other exterior mods that will attract low life.

sry for blabbing about what i think, but sorry to hear the news. ive been there so i know how you feel.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
wow another one? sucks man..sorry to hear that...

i think i rather have a sensative alarm on my car than a alarm that doesnt reli do much..

·
Registered
895 Posts
Damn dude sorry to hear that. Hopefully the cops can find your car. Same thing happened to my buddy's RSX TypeS, got stolen right on his driveway! Shit im kinda nervous now cuz I also park my car outside. Where in sauga are you from? Ugh i hate thieves :nervous:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Damn sorry to hear man. The ease of stealing cars with tow trucks is unreal. No one every really questions the validity of them.

Is it just me, or do most of the thefts reported here happen in Canada?

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
idk but my next mod will probably be a 2way alarm/remote start system

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I hv full coverage and never late on pmts...still F***'n sucks..loved my car! I even called Acura to see if anyone did try to mk a key off my VIN ... anyways thanks for the tips and info...itll help if I decide to buy another one.

I live by Britannia/Creditview...

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
wow..damn that sucks.

Hope u got the car back or find another one man..it hit me hard when I realized u were in sauga..

·
~t.sdz
1,579 Posts
damn word..any update?

·
ummm what?
258 Posts
id probably be pissed for all of 3 minutes. then hope to god it never gets recoveredknowing what damage could have been done and it not being the same again.

its just a car to me. love the car but i can get another and insurance is paid.

sorry for the loss though

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
My coworkers 06 tsx was stolen out of his driveway... he said it felt like rape and being molested.. he didn't want the car back but they found it like 40 days later. I think they just fix the joy ride damages.. but he traded it in....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts