Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed my coil packs and plug crank shaft sensor and new battery and catalytic conveter and my check engine lights still on and it says it misfire in 2 n 3 . any ideas ? Please help 2012 acura tsx special edtion

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i put bosh plugs in and no matter how i change the plugs or coil packs it always says misfire in cylinder 2n3 . the cats not clogged its new new plugs pacs and crank sensor as well .

·
-
1,695 Posts
How many miles on the engine?
How much oil does it use between oil changes?

1. Continue to focus and clear the DTC's. If any VTC or timing chain DTC's come up then the engine needs major work.

2. Compression test on the engine which is easy to do on a 4 cylinder gas engine.

3. If the engine is not using too much oil and if all 4 cylinders show good and even compression, then the injectors are suspect.
If it was only 1 cylinder misfiring, you could swap injectors around to see if the problem follows the failing injector.
But with 2 or more cylinders misfiring, you should be considering replacing all 4 injectors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We did a compression test yesterday and i have full compression car ideils just fine when u start it the check engine light is on o ce you give it gas the light flashes and the car starts to misfire and wont rev up past 2700 rpms and revs out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car was driving fine I came home and turned it off and went to get back in a couple hours later and lost all my power and it says check emission system VSA system and my check engine light stays on sing in my car won't go faster than 20 miles an hour so I changed out the coil packs spark plugs crankshaft positioning sensor brand new battery and a catalytic converter and still having the issues I just ordered camshaft positioning sensors and NGK spark plug since I use Bosch to see if that makes a difference and I am about to order a new injectors to see if that helps as well but other than that right now I'm at a total loss because the car was running fine and I just came home and turned it off and went to get back in it and it's doing this and no matter how many times I've changed the coil packs and plugs from 2 + 3 21 and for. I can still keep getting the same code of misfire in cylinder 2 and 3

·
Registered
249 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the use of Bosch plugs. They were in mine when I had it and it did have some lag issues. Use NGK or Denso. That probably isn't your issue but it won't help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'd probably try the cam sensors before fuel injectors... would be very odd that two injectors would fail at exactly the same time, unless something happened to the wire harness or a harness connector. Probably worth tracing those out as far as you can, check the harness condition and re-seat any connectors you can reach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts