Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here but I will cut to the chase. I have an 07 K24 with roughly 315k km (195k miles) - I know hefty. Recently have been having acceleration hesitation. What happens is when I'm driving it kind of stutters off rip when releasing the clutch, almost as if its choking on fuel and sometimes in 2nd gear I press the gas and the rpms move but the car theoretically isn't accelerating as it should. Currently not driving the car for obvious reasons but did a 30 min drive today to investigate a little more. Originally was thinking okay time to swap the motor (I have done plugs and what not in the past) but upon further driving it's leading me to believe its some sort of air/gas related issue. However it seems to be 1st/2nd gear that have are affected most so could potentially be clutch (did tranny/clutch swap about 70 k ago)

Anyways - as of right now I'm going to take my air intake out and clean it. I was trying to find answers on how to get to the fuel filter, which would be my next easy budget potential solution. If those two don't help, I will probably do a compression test and then take a look at the fuel pump. Have I heard a squeak from my fuel pump? I think so. But I can't tell cause my cars so slammed so noises are noises. Lmao. If anyone knows how I can access the fuel filter please let me know, as well as what other budget friendly solutions I can look into before breaching into the darkness.

P.s will scan car for codes when I get a chance with a friend because I don't own my own scanner

Thanks for reading :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
Fuel filter is in the tank. Pretty sure those are considered "lifetime" items so I highly doubt that's your issue.

It sounds like you have a slipping issue. Check your trans fluid level and condition.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
You have a slipping clutch. Tackle that first. Since you mention doing “rips” I’m guessing you drive agressively so a worn clutch at 70k is likely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
The motor is probably just fine and will be for a long time. Run synthetic oil if you don't already.

Good way to test the clutch is drive up a steep hill (preferably on a freeway) at about 40 mph in 4th gear then accelerate smoothly but aggressively... you'll probably see the rpm spin up suddenly before the wheels catch up. Sounds like you're already seeing that at lower speeds.

But pull codes just to be safe and doesn't hurt to clean the MAF sensor (especially if you're running an oiled air filter).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have a slipping clutch. Tackle that first. Since you mention doing “rips” I’m guessing you drive agressively so a worn clutch at 70k is likely.
Yea.. makes sense, especially because last summer I was doin hoonigan shit and only replaced the clutch with an OEM replacement - not an upgrade. Never experienced a slipping clutch before so wasn't sure of the signs. Thank you I will look into this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The motor is probably just fine and will be for a long time. Run synthetic oil if you don't already.

Good way to test the clutch is drive up a steep hill (preferably on a freeway) at about 40 mph in 4th gear then accelerate smoothly but aggressively... you'll probably see the rpm spin up suddenly before the wheels catch up. Sounds like you're already seeing that at lower speeds.

But pull codes just to be safe and doesn't hurt to clean the MAF sensor (especially if you're running an oiled air filter).
Thank you :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Sooooooo, what could it possibly be it he didn't have an automatic? I've done throttle control, map sensors, what's next?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He has a manual, not an automatic.
Sooooooo, what could it possibly be it he didn't have an automatic? I've done throttle control, map sensors, what's next?
UPDATE * Car was taken to the mechanic and as a bunch of you have stated it was the clutch and master slave cylinder. Swapping new clutch kit w/ flywheel this week. Thanks for all the help :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Sorry, what could it be it he had an automatic*
If it’s an automatic with hesitation?

if it seems to be centered around the transmission, it could be torque converter shudder. A few fluid changes or a flush often helps. However a high mileage car with tired torque converter clutches would just have to be replaced.

If it’s more in the engine, that could be about 100 different things.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
Sorry, what could it be it he had an automatic*
On an automatic , 99% chance the clutch packs are worn and the transmission needs a rebuild. The other 1% is low fluid due to a leak. A flush on a high mileage transmission will probably not help and it likely will make it worse.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top