Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
08TSX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I would like to NA tune my TSX. My current set up is fujitsubo catback, icebox and flashpro. Asp header and kelford 179-a cams are ready to install and tune.

What other mods would help me to gain more power? maybe a 45 degree VTC?

Thank you for helping me out. :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
A 45* vtc would be a nice complement to those kelfords. Midrange tq will be raised for when you go with either an RBC or RRC manifold, either of which, depending on if you have an 04-05 TSX it would also benefit from a larger throttle body. Either from a ZDX or almost any Honda that has a larger than 62 mm throttle body (iirc). The 07-08 got a 64mm and I'm not sure if you would benefit from a larger one to justify the cost. If you want the best combo you want the vtc, RRC, and the ZDX 72mm tb. Check out AutoFair on k20a.org for the best prices I have seen for those parts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
08TSX
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your information.

I would be interested in RBC or RRC.

maybe also a high flow cat?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
VTC - must have. pop up low and mid a LOT.

lightweight pulleys - very good bang for a buck, i use ralco, those r nice ones.

rrc manifold - pricey but its best

keep your TB , dont waste money, yours 64mm is enough.

you need to rev your cams to at least 8k to open their potential and power, you need a k20 oil pump swap to handle such revs and you need to upgrade valve springs also, oem s2000 spring is an awesome and cheap solution. without revving those cams youll not see good powa, its a key to press the juice out of NA.

pick up rdx injectors, yours will b maxed out with those mods and rdx ones works really well, better than stock ones.

High flow cat is a nice option , but since restyled cat isnt that restrictive youd better stick with yours and spend money to cut off coolant port out of manifold and install p2r gasket, very good mod to keep intake cool, the higher the temp otside - the better you feel this mod.

Dont listen to anyone whos tell you that revving 8k is a bad , im revving mine 8400 every day for a long time like i stole it coz im an eat sleep push da pedal deep down lifestyle ), so far so good, just check your oil and use a good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts